eleven.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

SEASON TWO — CHAPTER SIX
"Kiss me again,
and then I'll get back
to you."

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Finding someone he just clicked with was a rare occurrence. Amidst all the death and atrocities, Glenn had found someone that he didn't just click with, but someone whose presence utterly consumed him in the best way possible. She was proof that people could still recover bliss in life. Laying in bed, various thoughts badgered his mind. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin what was going on between him and Alex.

So rather than sleeping peacefully by her side, he pondered until his brain hurt. Taking her out on a date like he would've done before the end of the world seemed impossible, but he was determined. After admiring her features for who knows how long, he cultivated an idea he couldn't wait to put together. As silent as the ghost, he abandoned the house and went toward the barn.

He frowned upon noticing the lock on the large doors, but there was no way he was going to let that stop him. He found another way inside by clambering. At first, he had aimed to make the place a little hideout. That plan flew out the window when he inhaled the deplorable smell. If that wasn't enough to make him run for the hills, he glanced down at the lower level of the barn, curious as to why it reeked. His eyes widened, unable to process.

Although they could not reach him, walkers wandered in his direction, their gaze set on him with undeniable and fatal craving. Groaning and growling, they extended their hands out, making their intentions unmistakable. Consternation and fear weaving easily in his body, he turned to head for the exit. Halting him in his tracks, Maggie emerged, panting.

The flashlight in his shaky hand was directed at her face. "You weren't supposed to see this," she stated, her mind scrambling together an idea on how to keep him quiet. However, all Glenn could think about was how close the walkers were to Alex and Katherine — how close they were to potentially ripping them from his life.

"You have a lot of explaining to do."

✧︎

Trying to keep secrets was not at the top of Glenn's list of skills. In fact, it wasn't even on it. Sometimes his mind just generated sentences, giving him no choice but to say what he thought out loud. He was even worse at lying, especially to Alex.

That was why he was glad that she was currently in Daryl's tent with Katherine in her arms.

Alex smiled, greeting the injured man as he was reading a book Andrea brought him as part of her apology. "Dixon."

"Alexandra," he said, putting his book down. He felt a small tug at the corner of his lips when he saw her daughter in her arms. "Kat."

Constantly taking a liking to Daryl, she babbled something at him and reached out her hand. "She likes you." Holding her steady as Katherine attempted to walk, Alex smiled, viewing her as the cutest baby in the world. Anything Katherine did left her in awe. At that point, Daryl couldn't help but grin too. Before she could fall, Alex cradled her back in her hold. She teased, "You look like shit."