ten.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

SEASON TWO — CHAPTER FIVE
"Don't shoot me for
this, okay?"

SEASON TWO — CHAPTER FIVE"Don't shoot me for this, okay?"

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

Panic and stupefaction.

That was all Alexandra could feel. Never in a million years did she expect herself to actually almost kiss Glenn Rhee. That was where the unnerving and endless panic was coming from. It was practically overflowing. To make things even worse, Lori had to be a witness to it. She did not know whether to thank Lori or not. Being in relationships was never her specialty. In fact, before walkers were the largest population on earth, she purposely avoided them.

The stupefaction, on the other hand, was from Lori's pregnancy. She could remember the conversation vividly. The words spoken were still swarming in her brain, threatening to throw everything out of proportion.

"I don't know what to do," Lori said, her voice in a mere whisper. Confliction raged in her body like a storm, dangerous winds preventing it from drifting off. She needed guidance more than ever. "Tell me what to do."

"Lori, I can't choose this for you," Alex said softly as Lori hid the positive test. "It's your baby, your body."

The pregnant woman inhaled sharply, weighing her options. Having a baby wasn't ideal in the world they lived in. Babies needed supplies. Babies needed safety. Babies cried, which easily attracted walkers. Babies were vulnerable.

"I can't raise it, not in this world. I don't know how you do it." Lori chuckled humorlessly, shaking her head. "As much as I want to..."

"You don't want to see them hurt." Alex finished for her, knowing the feeling all too well.

Lori nodded. "Or worse. Rick and I can't even protect Carl." Alex wanted to protest that the parents did the best they could, but she kept quiet, listening. "How are we supposed to protect another baby?"

Discerning another tribulation, Alex asked, "Lori, do you know whose baby is it?" After spending every single day together and fighting to survive, Alex could instantly tell when something troubled Lori. It was hard not to notice. Although none of them had ever said it, they knew they could always rely on each other for anything.

Lori furrowed her brows. "What?" A sliver of offense seemed to arise at the accusation.

"Shane or Rick?" Alex repeated, keeping her voice steady. She did not react to the second of anger in Lori's tone, knowing she probably deserved it for such an abrupt and rude question, even if it was true.

Realizing that Alex was not shaming her, she sighed, running a hand through her hair. "How did you find out?"

"Heard your conversation outside the church. Plus, you guys weren't the most discreet." Alex shrugged. "So, whose is it?"