twenty eight.

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎

SEASON THREE — CHAPTER SIX

"She stays.
End of discussion."

▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂︎▂

In the small town of Woodbury, its people were trembling with anxiety, the night sky only fueling the reigning disorder. As people ran to the safety of their homes, Alex held onto Katherine, remaining hidden in the shadows. She stayed close to Michonne, the adrenaline provoking her heart to race wildly.

Michonne led them over the wall that kept walkers out of the town, regrouping with the others — Rick, Maggie, and Glenn. Relieved to see Glenn alright, Alexandra rushed over to him.

Glenn's fearful expression had disappeared. "Thank god you're okay." he sighed, pulling his girls in for an embrace. As he was making his way out of Woodbury, he turned around to find Alex gone. He had never felt his heart drop so fast. He pressed a kiss on both Alex's and Katherine's head, injured.

Unsure whether to trust Michonne or not, Rick raised his gun. "Turn around."

"Rick —" Alex began to object.

Michonne did as he asked, allowing him to disarm her. He held her katana, wanting answers. "Where the hell were you? Get what you came for?" They were just beyond the wall, urging him to talk in demanding whispers.

Not bothering with an answer, Michonne asked, "Where are the rest of your people?"

"They got Oscar. Daryl is missing. You didn't see him?" Rick questioned. When Michonne shook her head, he uttered, "If anything happens to him —"

"I brought you here to save them." Michonne reminded. Rick wasn't convinced, keeping his guard up.

"Rick, put that gun down. She helped me get Katherine back." Alex demanded, leaving Katherine with Glenn and standing in front of Michonne, willing to defend her. She didn't care if she and Rick weren't on good terms. Even with the tension, she would speak her mind. "We should be thanking her, not treating her like one of them."

Contemplating her words, Rick listened. "Thanks for the help."

Abruptly, Alex felt her vision blur. A hurried surge of dizziness left Rick's face obscured. She kept herself steady, hoping no one had noticed her slight stumble. "Now, we need her. Glenn is injured, we have a kid here, and we sure as hell aren't leaving without Daryl."

Rick uttered, "But —"

Irritated, Alex repeated, "She stays. End of discussion." With the tone she used, Rick decided it was best not to push her any further.

Confronted with no other choice, Rick pursed his lips, his brows crumpled. "Fine. We go back for Daryl. You have a plan?"

Alex nodded. "You bet your ass I do."