↬56

I hope we never change
I hope we stay the same
I hope that we can love through the pain

Haeri didn't feel like talking about it right now, not when her emotions were still so high and she felt too sensitive and overwhelmed by everything

She just needed space, not from him though. She needed him.

But she didn't even have to tell him that because she doesn't think he has let her go since she got there.

Donghyuck was sat against his headboard with Haeri's back against his chest as she settled in between his legs. His arms around her remained there since they became like this, watching the series in front of them.

She couldn't get properly into the series as it felt like everything was irritating her. Haeri was too aware of the band digging into her skin, pulling it off her wrist and putting it on the bedside table. But then the cold necklace around her felt too heavy suddenly, feeling annoyed by how her sweater felt like it was suffocating her.

His arms loosened around her when she leant away from him to sit up, he observed how she took the necklace off, rubbing the area of her skin with tension in her body and she lightly tugged on the collar of her sweater before deciding to take it off, leaving her in her casual T-shirt.

She didn't say anything about it, unaware of the way he was noticing the details about her behaviours and how they matched up to certain aspects of her life and her feelings.

Haeri leant back against him and his arms resumed back in their place, but now because she was wearing a thin T-shirt, she could feel the coldness of his rings against her stomach.

Not wanting to ruin the moment they were having, she decided against saying anything and she remained there but she couldn't focus on the series. She stared at the rings on his fingers, wondering why she felt this way when she's never had an issue with them before.

Was the clock on his wall always this loud? Why was his ceiling lights so bright?
She couldn't focus on the screen, she could hear laughter from somewhere in the dorm, the cars passing by outside, she glanced at his hands which rested on her.

Everything seemed so calm except from her.
Haeri shifted a little, feeling uneasy.

He was a very observant person even though sometimes it might not seem like it, he was good at piecing things together and understanding other people's emotions.

Haeri was confused when he moved his hands off of her, watching as he slid his rings off his fingers to put with the rest of her jewellery on the bedside table. Then, his bare hands came back to holding her.

"Better?" He asked, feeling her nod as her hand came to rest over his and she leaned back into him a little more. Donghyuck left a small kiss on her cheek closest to his head, wanting her to at least feel more calm after the mentally draining day.