Chapter 13

Isabelle's POV

We were heading to the court today. I am getting my father's company back lawfully and Ares will be my partner. I am having a panic attack thinking about everything.

"Just calm down Cucciolo. Everything will be fine i am with you." He held my hand and squeezed it.

"Yeah." I exhaled. After fifteen minutes we stopped Infront of a huge building and got out. Ares guided me inside and my nerves were jangling.
The court room was filled with people and i spotted Frank Hugo behind the bars and saw my aunt and Renni on the bench. They glared at me and Ares pulled me to him giving them a scary look. The judge started the speech and the whole process and the lawyers argued.

"The court and the law is in favor of Mr and Mrs Knight. Marc Hugo's company belong to his heir Mrs Isabelle Knight." I exhaled and smiled at Ares who was smiling at me too. I hugged him in happiness and We pulled away on the voice of my aunt.

"You little bitch destroyed us. You rat!" She screamed on my face.

"Shut the fuck up!" Ares shouted or more likely barked at her and everybody stopped whatever they were doing.

"Nobody fucking talks to my wife like that. She's a Capo's wife, nobody disrespects her!" He announced and took my hand to leave. On the way back i saw Camilla giving me a dead look and mouthed ' I'll get my revenge.' I ignored her and left with my husband.

We were again in his car and I held his hand.

"Ares, Thanks alot for helping me. It means alot to me."

"You're my wife. The company belonged to you kitty. You can work from tomorrow from start as my assistant in that company and you will learn then you run it all your own." He said this and i was so damn happy. I beamed and he chuckled. The driver started the car and we went to a fancy french restaurant for the lunch.

We ate our meals and he took me to give me a tour of his warehouses and all his businesses. Damn this man is so rich and everything he owns is so extravagant. It was late at night and we returned home. Gracie greeted us as i hugged her.

"Isabelle my birthday is coming!" She exclaimed jumping.

"Ok ok when?"

"14th April." With that something hit me. It's the same date as my mom's birthday.

"It's same as our mom's." I said and i saw Gracie's expression changing into a sad one. She silently went to her room.

"What happened to her?" he asked.

"I guess she's sad about it." i replied and we went upstairs to our room. I changed into my night wear which is a bra and some shorts. Ares sleeps with his boxers own. We laid on the bed together and he started prepping feather kisses on my neck. I started thinking about my parents. I finally got back what belonged to me and my sister. My dad always wanted me to be the head of his company when i was a child. He talked about it alot. All the memories hit me like a bullet train and tears slipped from my eyes. I remember how my uncle told me that my parents died in the car accident and how shattered i was.

"Kitty? What happened?" Ares asked confused as my silent tears falled.

"Nothing. I am just.... thinking about mom and dad."

"They would be so proud of you. You work hard and take your father's legacy further." His words gave me a boost of confidence.

"You're not as cruel as people call you. You're so sweet and caring" He sighed at this.

"You don't know me Isabelle. I'll never show you that side of me to you. Good night we have work tomorrow." He said and kissed my head as we slept.

I was currently making breakfast for us. Henry returned home from his school trip and was telling me all the details. I heared him intently. Ares came downstairs in a hurry looking frantic.

"We're under attack. The Russian cartel attacked us. I am going. Quinn will take you to office and guide you." he said and dashed outside. My heart thummed in my chest hearing all this. I ate breakfast and gave all the instructions to Gracie and Henry for the safety. Quinn came and we left. I was nervous about this office thing and constantly fidgeting my fingers.

"You okay Isa?" he asked.

"Yeah just nervous for the first day."

"It will be ok." he assured me and we entered a big glass building. The interior was so beautiful and classy. I like Ares's taste in this. He introduced me to everyone and guided me to my cabin. I understand all the work quickly and started working.

"Ughh." i groaned feeling tired. I made many presentations today and prepared files. I heared the door open and it was Ares.

"Hey." i smiled and he greeted back. He came to me and sat on the next chair.

"What about the attack?" i asked.

"It will happen in five days. It can take months and maybe a year." he said and my heart almost stopped.

"What?!" i whispered scared.

"Yeah."

"How will i live alone like that? Henry and Gracie aren't safe as well." i questioned him.

"Don't worry. My army will protect you and the kids. I'll give you the credit card. I'll try to return soon." he said and i gulped.

"Let's leave. It's your first day and you're tired." With that we left the office.

We went home and the kids greeted us. I went to the kitchen to prepare something for dinner. I made Ravioli and garlic bread. Ares came down in his casual clothes and watched a movie with Gracie and Henry. I called them for dinner and we ate.

" I am scared." i confessed to him. We were currently lying on our bed, me cuddled to his chest.

"About what?"

"You and the whole mafia thing."

"Isabelle-" As he was saying this,i felt my dinner rising up and ran to the bathroom. I vomited and was shivering. Ares held my hair up and help me wash my face.

"I am calling the doctor." he said.

"No need of-"

"Isabelle, you're sick. You have fever i am calling the doctor right now." He took his phone and went out. I layed on bed and waited for him.
After ten minutes the doctor came and he examined me.

"Congratulations. Your wife is pregnant." he said and both Ares and I were shocked. His mouth was agape and i was numb. The doctor gave me the vitamins and left.

"You were on fucking pills right?!" Ares yelled at me and i flinched. I nodded and cried at his behavior. He ran a hand through his hair and muttered a curse.

"Fucking hell! i am going with the cartel and you got pregnant!"

"I don't know i was on the pills. You can check, stop blaming me." i cried and went out of the room crying.

I went to Gracie's room, she was fast asleep. I got on the bed with her and wiped my tears. i am pregnant, i am gonna be a mom. This makes me happy but Ares's behavior scares me. I am keeping the baby even if he doesn't want it. I'll leave him for the baby. This baby is a ray of happiness in my life.

                          Ares's POV

Holy shit! Isabelle is fucking pregnant. It's so soon. I am going on a war and she's pregnant. Someone will try to harm the baby and her. I am worried about it. I want to be a father but now was not the right time. I reacted so badly on this news and Isabelle went out of the room crying.

I am fucking tensed about everything. I can't leave my family here in danger. Frank Hugo's family also threatened to hurt her many times. I am not thinking with my brain. I will talk to Isabelle tomorrow. I need to freshen up my mind and went to sleep.