Chapter twenty one

Callie's pov-

"Payton?" I called out as I walked into the empty house, I had just finished my shift but I waited a couple minutes so I could see my wife and kids for a few minutes before going to sleep.

But to my surprise only Meredith walked into the hospital,she explained to me that Payton couldn't even pull herself away from the toilet for a few seconds before she left so she called in ill for her.

"Pay?" I called out again as I walked up the stair and towards our bedroom.

She was sat around the toilet of the ensuite and her arm was supporting her head as she laid there.

"Oh baby" I quickly put my things down on the bed and got down onto the floor next to her.

I pulled her hair back into a quick braid to keep it out of her face before rubbing her back when she started to gag again.

"Oh baby."

————
It's been about an hour and we were now laying in bed, Payton's head laying against my chest as we watched tv.

"How are you feeling now?" I asked as I played with her hair.

"A lot better, god I thought my morning sickness with the twins was bad but it was nothing compared to that."

"I know, hopefully it will go away when you hit 4 months like it did with the twins." I tried to comfort her.

"Hopefully, for now take me to bed and cuddle me please." She asked as she leaned against me with a small pout.

"Always, as long as I get to talk to the triplets while you sleep."

"Hmm? I guess you can do that." She laughed.

I helped her off of the floor and over onto the bed before tucking her in.

" I'm going to get changed quickly, do you want my hoodie or can I wear it for once?" I asked as I grabbed my favourite hoodie out of the wardrobe.

" oo gimme, I didn't know that was out of the wash!" She said making grabby hands towards my hoodie.

I pass her the hoodie before grabbing another one for myself before getting in the bed and pulling her into my arms.

—————

"Triplets?!" Meredith exclaimed as we told her that night while we all cuddled watching up with the kids watching the movie.

"Yup, identical twins and a triplet." Payton smiled at her sister as she held Tori against her chest a little bump causing Tori to arch a little as her head leaned against her momma's chest.

"Momma, can me and zozo go play in the playroom please?" Sofia asked as she got bored of the movie that her and Zola picked in the first place.

"Sure, but no slime tonight. I'm not cleaning the mess up tonight so please keep it clean." Payton replied as she let out a small yawn at the end.

"Okay momma!" She smiled as the two girls ran into the playroom.

"So no more kids after the triplets then?" Meredith asked making my think, we agreed on six kids but I think I still want to carry one.

"I'm not sure, I've been thinking and I think I still want Callie to carry one." Payton said as she moved so her and Tori were now laying against me.

"One more?" I smiled down at her.

"Just so you can be pregnant because you want to I would have ten more after these triplets." She laughed.

"7 kids are enough or maybe eight so it's an even number." I joked.

"If we have eight kid we need to move to a bigger house because it would be eleven kids in one house." Payton giggled as she leaned back into me more.

"We could always get her an building company into add a few rooms, take some space from the garden as it's big enough and then one above the garage." Meredith suggests as she scoops up Ellis and Lexi. "We can talk more about an extension after I put the littles to be, you guys get Bailey and the big girls into baths and bed. Come on tori bubs."

Tori jumped up from Payton's lap and followed her aunt upstairs to brush their teeth and go to bed.

"Night babies!" We both called after them before Payton got up to get the girls ready for a bath while I started to chase Bailey around trying to convince him to get a bath too.

————
Payton's pov-

"Triplets- wow I'm definitely coming down to visit!" Addison said through the phone as I was getting ready to go into my surgery.

"I know and me and Callie are already talking about a number 7 and eight. she's going to carry them because she wants to but also because there triplets are going to ruin my body." I said with a laugh as I tied my trainers that I was going to wear in surgery.

"Eight kids, wow Payton grey having eight kids who would of guessed." She laughed before I heard her moving around on the phone. "Right, I have a flight booked for the day before the scan appointment that carina has given me so I'll see you then. "

"Addie!" I laughed before picking up the phone and leaving the on call room. "I'll talk to you later. Say hi to everyone and give Amelia a hug from me and the kids and tell her all the kids miss you both."

"We miss you all two, good luck Payton."

We hung up before heading to the or where my surgery was taking place but when I arrived I saw them wheeling her out.

"She died when we put her on the table, we tried all we could." Jo sighed as she handed me the notes.

"Okay- I Uh go prep Lana then, tell her the surgery has been pushed up by 6 hours." I sighed looking at her. "I'm going to talk to the patients family."

I sighed before walking towards the waiting room as I read the nurses notes on what happened.

"Mr davids, I am so sorry- she didn't even make it to the table, her aneurism blew before we could do anything about it. I'm so so sorry." I told him and sat beside him when he started to cry.

———-

"Are you okay pay?" Callie asked as I leaned against her shoulder and let myself cry.

These damn pregnancy hormones.

"I promised her that I was going to help her that she was going to leave this hospital and go home to her husband so they can start a family but she died before I could even start."

"Oh baby." She whispered into my head as she wrapped her arms around me tighter. "How about after your surgery we dump all the kids on mer and binge eat ice cream?"

"Yeah, that sounds good. I love you." I sighed as I went to go to the or where my new patient was waiting for me.

——————
Not proof read
1178 words