Chapter twenty

Callie's pov-

It's finally the day of our appointment, actually it was finally the day of our third appointment.

I had an egg retrieval and today was finally the day that they were going to implant the egg into Payton today.

"Payton, are you ready to go?" I asked as she walked down with tori on her back and lexi running down the stairs in front of her and over to me.

"Mhm, the older kids are on the bus to school and the littles are all ready to be  handed off to Mer when she gets home."

"Meredith is already home, drinking coffee." Meredith laughed as she poked her head out of the kitchen.

"Right, we'll see you guys later!" She smiled before pulling me out of the house and to the car. "Let's go get pregnant."

"Let's go get pregnant." I laughed as we both got into the car and drove to the hospital.

—————

"Look at the screen and you will see us implanting the two eggs in three two one"

I watched as I saw a small thing leave the wand and appear on the screen it must be the two eggs.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I took her hand in mine gently.

"Slightly uncomfortable but I don't care because this might be our baby."

We had chosen to use two eggs just to be safe and pull our chance of having the baby and if we have twins then great because it means it's only one more and it's my turn to carry.

"Right, I have to go because I have a mother in labour but I will see you in 7 days for your blood test and if that's positive you will be 5 weeks."

I never really understood how it started from your last period and don't the day it was implanted.

"Take it easy tonight, lay in your bed and I hate to say this but maybe just avoid your kids tonight. You need to lay down and rest."

"A night were I just get to sleep and have no kids laying on me for a night. Sounds good."

"Also no sex for three weeks."

I pouted as I looked at my wife, who just laughed at me.

"I'll just let Sofia sleep in our bed starting tomorrow night, she's going through a momma phase where she wants to be near me all the time."

"That sounds like a good plan, I'll see you guys later." She smiled before leaving the room.

"Does no sex mean that only you can't have sex and I can still have pleasure-"

"No sex means no sex Callie."she laughed, moving around in her chair to get comfortable. "If I can't have sex you definitely can not."

I just nod before sitting down next to her while we wait for her to feel ready to move.

——————

It's been 6 weeks since then and we found out she was pregnant a week after the implantation.

Today we're going in for our first scan and to hear the heart beat.

"Hello mommies, are you ready to meet your baby?" Carina asked as Payton sat in the seat with a paper blanket covering her legs.

"You have a small bump already." Carina laughed as she smiled at us.

"Yeah, I think it's because my body has already went through the process before so it's ready." She smiles, slightly wincing at how cold the gel was. 

There was a couple moments of silence as she moved the wand around before she finally spoke.

"Or maybe it's because you have three bambino's in there." Carina said with a small laugh, turning the screen towards us.

And true to her words there on the screen was two sacks and one of them having two little embryos in.

"Triplets with a set of identical twins?" I asked as I stared at the screen.

"Wow, sorry cal but my body really said it wanted to carry the rest of our kids." She joked as she took my hand into hers.

"It's alright, less pregnancy hormones for the future so I guess that's a bonus." I smiled as I leaned over to kiss her forehead. "Now let's hear our babies heart beats shall we?"

Carina quickly got to work and soon the sound of three strong heart beats filled the room.

I smiled and squeezed Payton's hand happily as I stared at the screen.

"Wait a minute we are going to have another set of identical twins on our hands, if they are anything like the twins already and look the exact same the schools and daycare are going to hate us." Payton laughed as carina printed off 10 photos for us.

"You are going to have your hands full." Carina giggles before wiping the gel off of Payton's stomach for her before handing me the pictures. "I'll let you get sorted and I will see you for a formal appointment in two weeks."

"See you at lunch tomorrow Deluca." Payton smiled as she pulled her scrub bottoms back up and looking at the pictures in my hand. "Hopefully at least one of them is a boy, little baby boys in suits are adorable."

"A little boy with long hair, adorable." I said before giving her a small kiss on the forehead.

We decided we aren't going to cut any of our kids hair until they are old enough to decide they want to.

"Sofia and Zola have gymnastics tonight but Mer said she would take them as I have surgery tonight so I won't see you until the morning before you go to work." I told her as I started to walk her to the car.

"But I wanted cuddles." She pouted as I opened the car door for her.

"I know my love but I'll see you in the morning before you go to work." I told her, giving her small smile her leaning down to give her stomach a soft kiss. "Be good for your momma, my three little blessings."

"Don't tell anyone, I think we should surprise them tomorrow night when we are both home." She said as she lifted my face away from her belly and giving me a sweet kiss. "Call me later?"

"I'll call you later babe." I smiled before shutting her door and waving as she pulled out of the space and away from the hospital.

Triplets, we are going to have our hands full.
——————j
———————k
Not proof read
1087 words