chapter five

Callie's POV-

I had heard that Payton was starting work here after moving here last week and I was really excited to see her again and be friends with her.

I was heading up to the obgyn part of the hospital to help a pregnant mother who had broken her arm.

As I walked into the waiting room so I could easily access the nurse station, I saw Payton laying in meredith arms, just waiting there.

I wonder if meredith is pregnant again or one of their friends.

It's great to see how close they have got, I mean last time I talked to Payton she wanted nothing to do with meredith and now she was laying in her arms.

"Payton grey?" An intern asks.

Wait Payton's pregnant? I watch as they stand up, meredith was the first to spot me.

As the walked pass, meredith stops infront of me telling Payton she will catch up.

"Torres, we will talk to you later but not a word about this to anyone." She says, giving me her famous strict don't mess with me face.

"Shes pregnant? How I thought-" i start but she cuts me off.

"Later." And with that shes off to her sisters room.

Sighing I go to do my job and make my way towards the room my patient was waiting in.
_______

It's been about an hour since I saw them, meredith was rushed into a surgery and Payton had a surgery with a patient that followed her from LA.

That I only found that out through derek, he also told me that my project will be moved onto her as he and meredith were going to DC.

What I think is a bit wrong, I mean payton just moved here and now their leaving.

I stayed with them for a couple weeks after zona died and helped out a bit after bailey was born.

But now I have my 3 bed house with Sofia, she loves having a massive backyard to run around in as we never had one before we started staying with the mcdreamy family.

"Callie!" Meredith says as she walks over to me, Payton following behind while talking to what looks like a patients family member.

"I'll come check on you both in a moment, Rachel. Just go and see if Georgie has woken up yet." Payton says rubbing her arm before trying to catch up with meredith.

"Slow down.." she whined just before she stopped behind her, looking over at me briefly.

"Mer-" I try to ask what the hell is going on, how someone who openly told me she was gay, got pregnant.

But I was stopped by Payton running off to the closet bathroom, gagging like she was going to throw up.

Meredith looks at me and then back at the bathroom, before we both take off in a sprint there.

"Payton?" I ask, walking past meredith and sitting next to the small woman hunched over the toilet.

She just let's out a pained sob before continuing to throw up.

"Meredith, go get a glass of water and a bit of toast." I tell the older sister as I start to help the younger one.

My morning sickness was always like this as well, it would last all day and it was so painful.

The only thing I would be able to keep down after it was toast.

Meredith quickly leaves, a few minutes after Payton sits up.