chapter two

Callie's pov-

"Zona! You have to have the surgery." I cried out for what felt like the millionth time tonight. "Please, you aren't just going to lose your leg if you don't have this surgery you are going to lose your life!"

"No! They are lying I'm gonna get better and keep my leg." She screams back at me.

"Arizona Robbins, please our daughter has already lost her father she cant lose her mommy too." I say as I place Sofia in her lap, trying to convince her.

"She isn't! I'm not dying calliope." She screams one last time before completely blocking me out to pay attention to our daughter.

"We need to go, I told meredith and Derek I would look after zola. Lexi's twin is looking after until I get there." I tell her as I pick Sofia back up.

As I get in the car, I allowed myself to break down.

"Mama?"

"I'm here baby. I'm not leaving you. I'm not leaving." I reassured her as I wiped my tears off my cheeks, trying to compose myself for my daughter.

She needs me more the ever right now.

I collect myself before driving to the 'frat house'.

_______

"Zozo!!" Sofia shouts as she runs into the play room, I follow after her when I enter the play room i see a brunette meredith sitting with zola in her lap reading a book.

"Wow, are you sure you aren't Meredith's twin?" I ask trying to make a joke but she just looks unamused.

"I may look like her but I'm Lexi's twin sister." She says lifting Sofia into her lap after my daughter kept on trying to get in to sit next to Zola. "I only have one sister."

I guess I shouldn't of made a joke about her not being her twins twin after she just died.

"What about molly?" I ask, I remember Lexi telling me about molly and Payton.

"Homophobic." She sighs, flipping to the next page in the book for the girls to see

"Oh! You are the gay sister!" I blurt out, remembering when lexi told me about her to make me feel better.

"Um I guess I am, and you are?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Callie torres." I say as I go sit next to her and the kids.

"Oh the 'you cant pray away the gay' girl?" She says with a smirk.

"Lexi told you about that?" I say shyly.

"Nope, I was visiting lexi that day and I was hiding so no one would see me when it happen so I asked who you were. It was kinda badass."

"Thank you. So do you have any kids of your own?" I ask her but when I do her face drops.

"No, never really been with the person I want to do ivf with. What about you? Any other kids exept this cutie?"

"No, I would love more but the way my wife is heading it probably wont be anytime soon or at all."

"Was she on the plane aswell?" She asks sadly before looking back down at the book and reading the next page.

"Yeah, if she doesn't get her leg amputated she will die and She's refusing to have the surgery." I said, trying to keep a smile on my face as Sofia looked up at me. 

She nods sadly, we sit like that for a while before her phone goes off.

As it was closer to me, i pick it up and show her the name.