chapter 6

Payton's POV-

It's been 2 months since callie looked after me and meredith is rethinking leaving with derek.

I was looking at houses on my phone while also listening to meredith and christina talking about how yang had to basically choose her own replaced.

"Oh mer what about this place?" I asked showing her the 3 bed house I was looking at.

"Payton, you dont need to find a house you can stay with me and Derek." She said as she pushed my phone away, refusing to look at the apartment.

"And when you leave?" I sigh out, we have had this conversation so many times. "Christina what do you think?"

Over time me and yang had got close since I moved here, she took an interest in how i skipped 3 years of school.

"Nah, definitely dont get that one looks too 'I own 10 cats and I'm a virgin' vibe. Wait kepner we found the perfect house for you!"

April just rolls her eyes and hands me the smoothie had been craving in my surgery.

"You are a life saver apes." I tell her before walking off to the table where callie was sitting with Sofia.

"Callie!" I say as I throw myself in her lap, to make sofia laugh.

"Paypay!" Sofia says before trying to climb into my lap, so we are all sitting on callie.

"Is it 'let's all sit on mommy' day?" Callie asks leaning her head on my shoulder to be able to see her daughter.

"Yup! And paypay's babies are on you too!" The cute little girl on my lap squeals out as she pokes my stomach.

I had a medium bump now, it wasn't that easy to hide but I was able too, I mean I am 3 months pregnant with twins.

If it was one baby, maybe it would be easier to hide.

The only people that knew was callie, meredith, christina, april and my family in LA.

April only knew because she walked in on me changing a couple days ago and ever since all she does is get me things or gets annoyed when I wont eat her stupid salad.

Anyway, I was broken out of my thoughts by callie's sweet laugh in my ear.

"Alright, baby it's time to get you back to day care soon. So why don't you go grab one slice of cake and we will watch you from here." She says as I feel her arms wrap around my waist.

Sofia climbed off my lap and walked towards the dessert tray after callie called after her about running.

"You okay Payton?" She asks holding me tighter.

"Perfect! Except I cant find a house.." I sigh, leaning as far as i can into her.

She lifts her pasta on her fork up to her mouth and once she starts chewing, she gets another peice on her fork and feeds it to me, making me chuckle at her.

"Well that's what I wanted to talk to you about tomorrow at dinner." She said gently.

After the dinner night we had on my first day of work, we have been having one every Wednesday since, as that's the only day of the week I know for sure I'm babysitting zola and bailey.

"Auntie paypay!" I hear zola shout before callie can carry on.

I turn my head to where I heard her, she was at the cafeteria doors trying to run to me while Derek held her hand.

I got of callie's lap so she wouldn't get squished at the impact before signaling for Derek to let her go.

She basically pounced on me, sending me to the floor.