chapter one

(We're going to say Molly is older than lexi and Payton.)

Payton's POV-

I was packing to go to Seattle, I had just got the call that my twin sister had died.

Not only do I have to plan a whole funeral myself because my dead beat drunk of a dad won't, I also have to meet the 'sister' I have been avoiding.

Any time I would visit lexi, i would always stay at a hotel and if i went to meet her at the hospital i would stay hidden as much as I could until i saw lexi.

Because some how i dont look like my twin sister, I look more like meredith according to lexi and my mother before she past.

"You know I could come with you." My best friend addison says as she helps me pack up my stuff. "You don't have to go alone."

"And make you see your ex husband and his wife? I'm already dreading it I dont need your anxious ass making it worse." I say playfully causing her to roll her eyes.

"You know you might like meredith if you get to know her, shes not as bad as I made her out to be. She backed off when she found out he was married-"

"Except from the prom that they slept together and you found her panties then proceeded to pin them to the announcement board?" I pointed out throwing one of my clean pair of underwear at her making her laugh and put them in my bag for me.

"Yes, but that was more derek."

"Addie, I love you and all but can you just help me pack? I am about to go say goodbye to my other half. " I say with a sigh as I double check my first suit case.

"Ofcourse." She gave me a sad smile and helped me in a comfortable silence.

________

"Payton promise to call every day and do not go and smash thatcher's window in if he says anything okay?" Addison says as she pulls me into a tight hug. "Just try to stay as calm as possible."

"Addie! The plan is to sort all of Lexi's things and leave. Her body is going to be cremated and I'm not a horrible person so I am going to give the older grey an ash necklace or something."

"Payton." She gives me a 'we both know its gonna take ages to go through her stuff look'.

"Whatever, I have to go." I say giving her one last hug before heading of to my plane.

I get settled in my seat before taking a deep breath.

I'm about to meet the sister I never wanted.

Lexi would be so proud, I just wish I didn't have to because lexi was still here.

______

As I walked into the hospital, it's like I could feel people's eyes on me, I mean I look like Meredith and they probably know about Lexie so why would they not stare at the sister in pain.

I found the front desk before getting in the line of people.

"Hello, I was uh- called to collect and see my sisters body.. she was in the plane crash.." as I finally the woman looked at me with sympathy.

"Oh hunny I'm so sorry for your loss. Daisy! Take miss grey down to the morgue." I was surprised at how she knew my name then I realized, on the call this bailey person told me Lexi was the only one who died.

As I was lead towards a room, I saw three people. Two in a wheelchair and another standing by their side staring into a room.

I ignore them though and run into the same room they were staring into when the nurse told me I could go in to see Lexi one last time.