23

There was a moment of silence and Andra heard her stepmother's heavy sigh.

"Swallow your pride, Andra." She advised. "And with whatever cash you have in hand, open a new bank account and send me the details. Then I will send you something basic that you can start surviving with."

"I will pay you back," Andra vowed, refusing to let go of her pride.

"Oh, please. Just get the account. I' will be waiting."

After the call ended, Andra realized the seriousness of her situation. She called Molly to complain about the matter.

"I'm so sorry about all this, but your stepmother is right," Molly said. "Open the account. I will also send something but it is not going to be too good. You know I have my money in fixed deposit as I'm trying to save up for my studio."

"I know."

"Now, you see why I work, right?"

"Your job is demeaning."

"It is not demeaning. Making beats for musicians is not a useless job. It will help me when I eventually get my studio."

Andra sighed with frustration. "Whatever, Molly, I will open the account and send you the details."

"Hmm. I will tell you to watch the attitude, especially in your current situation, but I know I will only be wasting my time."

"Yes, you will," Andra confirmed.

"You're a nutcase but I have no choice other than to love you?" Molly replied. "Get the account."

***

After the call, Andra checked her bag where she had some money left. She was lucky to have made that withdrawal early. Otherwise, she would have been penniless right now.

She would now have to binge on the cash in her hand. She quickly remembered Dominic. At first, she didn't want to consider him as a solution but now, she would have to, because she needed an easy way out.

Of course, he was her fiancé. It didn't matter if they were on a pretend mission. Why would he let her starve? It was his responsibility to provide for her now. After all, he was the one who insisted on seeing the damn contract through.

With that thought in mind, she stormed out of the room and into the living room where she last saw him. She saw that he had ended his call and was about to head toward his room.

Dominic paused upon seeing her storming towards him. She stood about a couple of feet before him with an arrogantly raised chin.

"I'm hungry." She announced.

Dominic stared at her, surprised at her pronouncement. "So, why are you telling me?"

"Because I don't have any money."

"I don't understand."

"My father froze my account." She informed him. "I tried to withdraw money this morning and my transaction was declined." She further informed him about what the account officer had said and how she called her father and the response he gave her. She also told him about her stepmother and Molly's offer and how she needed to open a new account so she can get little funds from them and manage for the time being.

"This is all your fault." She accused. "If you had not accepted this contract, all this would never have happened."

They had a war with their eyes for a while before backing off from each other and settling down on the couch opposite each other.