15

Moments later, Andra paced back and forth in her bedroom, furious about Dominic's SMS.

How dare he think that he could tell her what to do? How dare he tell her what to do? Gosh. She didn't blame him. She blamed her father for all this.

Once again, she also blamed herself for not having any means of income. She blamed herself more than her father for being dependent on him. Imagine a stranger now telling her what to do. She felt like breaking something even though she was not a violent person.

She stopped pacing as Molly entered the bedroom and observed her demeanor. Molly's eyes settled on the wall clock pointedly, forcing Andra's eyes to go there as well. The time was 4:30 pm.

"What is it?" she snapped, turning on Molly.

"It's almost time."

"Time for what?"

"Time for whatever has been keeping you pacing about in anger."

"Look, I don't have a problem with keeping up appearances. But I do have a problem with being told what to do. Why would he look down on my dressing?"

"Andra, I think you should just dress nicely. It is a date."

"A fake one."

"It doesn't matter. It will be nice to see you as a woman for once."

"I had the good mind to dress like that. But because he had the guts to think he can order me around, I will show him that I'm not to be easily pushed around."

Molly sighed, feeling exhausted by her. "So, what are you going to do about it?"

"For starters, let me give him a call."

Andra picked up her phone and initiated a call to Dominic's phone. He didn't receive the call until her third ring.

"Hello." His deep sensual voice filled the phone.

Andra rolled her eyes, refusing to be affected by his polished accent and voice. The fact remained that the guy was a nobody.

"What is the meaning of the text you sent earlier?" she demanded.

"Oh, so you saw the text? I didn't think you did." He responded, sounding laid back.

"What do you mean by that?"

"I expected a response."

"Well, here is my response, I will not be told how to dress by you or anyone."

"So, what do you want to wear?"

"My normal clothes."

"Not going to happen."

"Watch me," Andra challenged and ended the call.

She gripped the phone in anger and glared at Molly as though daring her to complain. Molly refused to be browbeaten.

"That was rude. You don't end the call on people like that.

"He deserved it by being stubborn."

Molly shook her head at her. Her look was a source of annoyance for Andra.

"What is it?"

Molly shrugged "Nothing." She replied. "But I'll be watching the drama. What else can I do or say?"

***

Minutes later, Andra and Molly peeked outside from the window of the living room, watching Dominic's car waiting inside the compound.

"So, now I'm going to be hanging around with a taxi driver and going about inside a taxi." Andra lamented.

"At least the taxi looks decent," Molly observed and earned a hiss from Andra.