21

Dominic's phone started to ring with the same number. He didn't have time for that. Feeling pissed off, he turned off his phone and enjoyed the silence.

He spent quite some time there and when he was done, he turned on his phone and decided to head back home.

By the time he got home, it was getting dark. He stepped into the house and Andra was waiting for him inside the living room in a pair of pajama shorts.

Her hair was down and he liked that her pajama shorts were not skimpy but right above her knees, exposing great-looking toned legs just like the rest of her. Standing there with her hands akimbo, she looked like a nagging wife as she stared daggers at him.

"The deal has just barely started and you're already throwing lies all over the place." She said judgmentally as his eyes rested on hers.

Dominic was not ready for her tirade and didn't waste time telling her exactly how he felt.

"Look here, I don't need you adding your shenanigans to my frustration." He warned. "After all, I am in this mess because of you. It all started with your wayward lifestyle."

"This so-called mess was your choice." She refuted. "And my wayward lifestyle is my business. Nobody forced you into this."

"Perhaps, but unfortunately, I am not as insensitive as you not to care about ruining a man's reputation even if that man is not my father."

Her eyes narrowed at him angrily but she was speechless.

"Perhaps, if I didn't feel bad for your father when I saw how frustrated he was, this would have never happened. I blame myself. So, you're right."

He sat down, running one hand over his hair in frustration. He could feel himself getting angrier, so he shut his eyes and tried to calm down.

"Still, no one forced you." He heard her say adamantly, forcing his eyes open. He met her gaze.

"I repeat, do not add to my frustration. It is already bad enough that my father has disowned me over this. So please, do not add salt to my injury."

Andra sat down in silence for a beat and stared at him with animosity. His gaze upon hers was unfriendly as well. She didn't like this at all. None of this was her fault. No matter how anyone looked at it, he lied.

"I am still baffled at your lying and pretending to be an Uber driver." She said in a mocking voice. "Although, I should have known you were lying, seeing as your whole demeanor speaks of someone much more...prestigious."

"Look, I was not just pretending." He said. "On the day I met your father, I was covering for my friend."

"Still, you assumed the role on the job pretty fast. I guess you do not have to pretend anymore."

"Yeah. Maybe not." He agreed with sarcasm.

She hissed and looked away. He looked away too and they sat there in tense silence for a beat.

"But wait a minute, I still don't get it." She said. "Why is there no information about you anywhere other than that you're Prime minister George's son?"

"Because that is my choice."

"But why?"

"Just like your wayward life is none of my business," he said pointedly, "My private life is also none of your business."

Andra ignored his reason. "It is my business if I'm going to be living with you." She rebutted. "I can't live with a stranger."

"Oh, please, don't be a hypocrite." He said mockingly. "You know as well as I do that we have moved past that stage, right?"