4

A pleading look took over Andra's face as she implored Molly. "Please, I cannot face him alone." She begged. "You need to come with me, please."

"What!" Molly exclaimed, unbelieving. "How can you expect that of me?"

"Molly Please."

"No." Molly said vehemently, "I will not do it because I warned you. Plus, he is angry with me already. So, carry your cross."

"Molly, please." Andra pleaded again. "You know that you have a way with words and he kind of listens to you and you know it. So, please come with me and do your magic to calm him down on my behalf, please."

"I won't." Molly adamantly refused and started dressing the bed, her actions a message to Andra that she had dismissed the subject and there was no way that she was going to change her mind.

"Please." Andra pleaded.

"No," Molly said resolutely and concentrated on her task. "Never." She added for emphasis.

"Okay, an authentic semi-acoustic guitar from Fender," Andra promised.

Molly simply waved her aside and continued with her task. "It won't work. You cannot bribe your way out of this."

"Okay, I'll also add ...what's that thing you always admire...the uh...Bose 1 speaker for gigging."

Molly's hands immediately paused in their task. Andra saw that she had gotten her attention and proceeded to up her game. "I'll also add the reverb guitar effects pedal."

Molly abandoned her task and straightened up to face Andra. "It's not enough." She said.

"I'll also add the microphone acoustic shield."

"Wow, I didn't know you were listening to my home studio list of needs."

"Of course, I was."

"You were sounding like someone who knows their way around music gear."

"That's because of your new aspirations of becoming a producer. You always talk about it."

"Well, I'm glad your transgressions have turned out positive for me. And don't you dream of double-crossing me."

"I won't."

"You said promises are meant to be broken."

"Yes, but not the promises I just made to you."

"Are you sure?"

"I cross my heart."

"Let me quote Lucky Dube's lyrics 'I cross my heart and hope to die, these are the words we use to get out of situations.' Hope it's not just words?"

"I'm serious, Molly. Trust me."

"Okay, I'll choose to trust you."

They both gasped as they heard the sound of the car horn blaring from outside.

"I guess it's time to go face him," Molly said. "After you."

"No. I will be behind you."

"Whatever," Molly said and led the way out of the bedroom. She paused at the doorway. "Please, on a more serious note, Andra, do not put me through this kind of trouble again. I can no longer deal with this. I'm twenty-five."

"I won't. I promise."

"Okay. And please, look very sorry when we see him. Look as contrite as possible. I cannot speak for someone who is feeling self-righteous."

"I know. Thank you." Andra replied and followed Molly out towards the Livingroom.

It was a luxury apartment with expensive-looking furnishing.