Extra Cash

" Francesca, where have you been. You didn't come home and me and your father have been freaking out."
I slammed the front door behind me and rushed past her.

"Now is not a good time" I said through gritted teeth. As I tried to rush up the stairs she moved in front of me and blocked the way. I let out a tired sigh this is the last thing I need right now.

"You better check that attitude, and get to explaining." She said with her arms crossed.

"Please mom we can talk about this later. I know things have been rocky with us lately but please I have to go. Please!!" I begged. She looked me in the eyes and I think by some miracle she gained some sense back and moved out of the way.

I muttered a thanks and ran to the bathroom. Quickly I locked the door behind me and instantly went to the medicine cabinet. I searched through the endless orange pill bottles, they seemed never ending. That is untill I saw the bottle I needed.

Oxycodone.

Xanax.

It was prescribed to my mom right after she had surgery a few years ago. She keeps them just in case. But this time I desperately need them so I grabbed the bottle and shoved it in my pocket.

The Xanax was Amelia's form when she used to live with us. She left it here and it's just been sitting collecting dust. I might as well put it to good use.

I rushed down the hallway and into my room, the last thing I need is being caught with these.

I locked my door behind me and made my way to my bed I unscrewed the cap and counted how many were in the bottle.

There was about 20 pills left. That's enough to get me a decent start. I carefully dropped each of the pills into the bottle.

As I safely secured them in my pocket, I pulled out my phone and texted the one person I knew who would pay me a hefty amount.

Archie is one of the richest kids that went to my high school. When the boys were still in high school it was often that they would buy their weed off of him. He was the resident rich kid, but he was cool, not stuck up or mean. He would always smoke with the boys behind the school.

Sadly he got caught at the end of the year last year and his parents sent him to rehab. Apparently it isn't good for one of the richest family's in town the have a druggie son.

If I know him at all there is no chance he is clean still.

I found his name in my contacts and took a deep breath before I heard the loud ring of the phone.

What seemed like eternity passed until he picked up on the last ring.

"What do you need?" I heard a groggy voice say.

"Hey Archie, this is Franny from High school and I was wondering if you would want to meet up?" I asked nervously. Never would I have seen myself doing this but desperate times call for desperate measures.

"Who?" He questioned.
I sighed, " you know, Alex Hamilton's  younger sister. I used to smoke with you guys sometimes" I tried jogging his memory.

"Well shit, I remember you. You were always with that whole group of guys." He said in a more chipper tone.

"Yep that's me, I was wondering if you would be willing to meet up with me. I've got some stuff that you might be interested in." I rushed out.

"Hmmm I never took you as the drug dealing type." He carried on the conversation.

"Neither did I." I said more to myself.

"Any way are you willing to meet up if not I can find some one else. I just thought I'd hit you up fist. I mean I'm sure your parents are real strict on you since the rehab mishap." I said trying to make it seem like I'm not desperate.

"Yeah, south high park in an hour and a half?" He asked.

"Good see you there." I said and hung up. I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. I squeezed together my shaking hands.

I grabbed my keys and made my way out the door.

——————————

"Miss are you sure it's not every day someone wants to withdraw such a large sum of money." The bank teller asked with a shocked expression on his face.

" I am 100% sure, if you can
, could you do as many bigger bills if you can." I said in a rush.
This man is taking for ever and if I don't hurry up I'm going to be late.

"Ok, miss I need you to fill out these forms stating that we have your permission to drain your savings account and that, there is no outside influence driving this decision." He explained and handed me a pen and the papers.

Quickly I initialed and dated every line while the man sat I front of me patiently waiting.
As soon as I finished I handed them over and he disappeared into the back.

I had been saving up for college, but this is way more important if you ask me.

I sat there with my knee bouncing, my anxiety is reaching all time high levels and it's getting hard to manage. I received a text from the boys, that are all asking where I was and when I'm going to be back.

I made up some bullshit lie about how my mom has me held up and that I would make it over as soon as I could.

What they don't know won't hurt them.

Soon enough the bank teller returned with a bag filled with stacks of hundred dollar bills. He pulled them out and counted them out in front of me.

"There you go 15,000 in cash, just like you requested." He said while handing it to me.

I muttered a small thanks grabbed the bag and made my way out of the bank.

Now time for a drug deal.