Ear kisses

I hate waking up, it is literally the worst part of my day. I still had my eyes closed and I went to pull the blanket over my shoulder, but when I tried to grab the blanket, it was pulled further from me. I figured it fell off the bed so I tried to roll over but there was something blocking me.

I slowly opened my eyes in annoyance but instantly I was put at ease by the sight of the gorgeous man sleeping next to me. He had his head on shoulder and I felt the little wisps of his hair tickling my neck. I felt his strong tattooed arm tighten around me.

As I was sitting there, I looked over the horizon and saw the sun just rising and I knew it was around five in the morning. I sat there for a moment longer soaking this in because I will probably never experience anything as perfectly bliss in my life.

I looked at his chestnut brown messy hair. I have always wanted to run my hands through it. So that is exactly what I did. I gently reached over and ran my fingers through his hair. It Was softer than I have ever imagined. I hate how at peace I feel when I am with him. Its as if he is the only thing that can keep me grounded. Its infuriating because I can't and won't be dependent on a man who has as much interest in me, as he would a friend.  

There was a pause in his soft snores, and he started to stir in his sleep, so I quickly took my hand from his hair. I felt the arm around my waist loosen and I knew he was awake. He slowly looked around and took in his surroundings, and then his eyes landed on me. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and gave me a little smile.
"I didn't mean to fall asleep" he said with his rich deep sleep filled voice. I loved his morning voice, it did something to me that I couldn't explain. As he took in his surroundings he withdrew his arm from around my waist and put a lengthy amount of space between us, and instantly the unwelcomed cold crawled over my skin. I felt my heart grow heavy with shame and embarrassment.
I slowly sit up and stretch "neither did I, but trust me it wont happen again". I said and it was true I needed to stop putting myself in a position where I will only be hurt. He scoffed in and for a moment I could almost see a flash of pain go through his eyes.
"Shit!" He said while scrolling through his phone.
"What's wrong" I asked in a concerned tone.
"I have a bunch of missed calls and texts asking where we are" he said while grabbing the blanket and hopping out of the truck.

Once he was down, he put his hand out to offer me support as I got down. Not once during that exchange did he spare me a glance. Once we were both buckled in, we made our way back to my house in silence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When We got home, we both stood side by side we took a big breath. As we walked in, we were expecting to be bombarded with questions about my whereabouts, but it was silent.  As we made it through the house, we soon realized that it remained empty. 

"I have work." 

Those were the only words to leave his lips as he brushed past me. They were short and held no emotion, which added to the effect of his bitterness. 

When Warren left, I went upstairs to shower. But once I reached my room something caught my eye, it was a framed picture of me and the boys from five years ago. I had such a big smile on my face, and everything was so much different then.

Back then I was closer with my family. I didn't have any problems with mother either and that has really changed over the years. She always gravitated toward my other siblings, and I understand why. We have nothing in common. Whenever we have a conversation it almost always ends in a fight.

Life always has a way of balancing out though, that's why I have My dad, Alex, and the boys. They are easier to talk to. Who ever said that girls can be mean, they are one hundred percent right. In my case the typical mean girl comes in the form of my older siblings. Not saying they are completely mean because they all have their moments where they show me kindness, but those are exceedingly rare. I think it's a combination of their attitude and my jealousy that drove us apart. I and Abigail were close until a few years ago. That was a hard and fast falling out.