39

hey babes

hey babes.. it's been a while huh? we need to talk so read the note at the end of the chapter :) (also this is a long ass chapter so make sure ur buckled in.)

♡♡♡

LILY AND I walked back to her house after we agreed to go to the party together, and I'd be lying if I told you I was surprised at her home.

She lived near Ricky on the rich side of town, in a big white house.  I look over at the house in awe. I knew Lily was rich, but I didn't think she was this rich. "Damn. Now I know how you made the basketball team, since it definitely wasn't cause of skill." I tease, making her roll her eyes.

"Be grateful I'm helping you. I could've left you out in the rain, you know." She replies, taking the umbrella down since the rain had stopped. I don't say anything back, not wanting to egg her on and simply follow her into her house.

Her house was very spacious and elegant, an overhead chandelier lighting up the entrance way. "Take your shoes off, I don't need you getting mud on my marble floors or else my parents will have a field day when they come home."

I furrow my eyebrows, just now noticing how silent it was in the house. "Where are your parents?" I ask, slipping my shoes off before I step further into the house.

Lily clears her throat, shrugging her shoulders. "I don't know. Paris, London, Dubai. I never know where they are anymore, but they're rarely ever here."

I suddenly feel a lump in my throat, noticing how sad she looked when she was explaining the absence of her parents. I felt bad for her. "I'm sorry, that sucks." I look down at the floor, hearing her scoff.

"Don't get emotional on me, Nini. It's fine, I don't even care. Now come on, you desperately need dry clothes and a blow dryer." I follow her up her two-way staircase and down a long hallway until eventually into her room.

I gasp, looking around at the very big room. "My room could fit in here 3 times." Lily laughs before going into her closet, looking through it.

"The party doesn't start for another like 6 hours so here, just put those on for now then I can give you another outfit when it gets closer to the time." She tosses a pair of spandex shorts on the bed accompanied by a sweatshirt.

I look at the sweatshirt she gave me, seeing that it was my size. It would fit me. To be honest, I was getting kind of used to wearing Ricky's oversized ones.

I look at her and smile, "Thanks." I grab the clothes from her bed and walk over to her bathroom, closing the door behind me. When I look in the mirror, I try my hardest to hold back a scream because goddamn. Talk about a jump scare.

I hadn't seen what I looked like since this morning. I also didn't have a phone, so I couldn't check through my camera. I had mascara running all down my face, my hair was wet and all over the place and my black funeral outfit looked soggy.