23

hey bbgs, this chapter picks up where the last one left off! also i hope u like this chapter, its one of my favs so far :)

♡♡♡

"WE SHOULD SPLIT up. Two of us in one elevator, two of us in the other. We should have like, an elevator race and see who can get to the room fastest." I challenge, linking my arm with Ricky's. "I call being on pretty boy's team."

I should drink absinthe more often. I like the way it makes me feel. I would never do anything like this sober, so it's making me more confident and I like that. I also like Ricky's hair. And his eyes. And his smile. I don't like how secretive he is.

Maybe someday I'll find out what he's too scared to tell me.

Ej raises his eyebrows, intrigued. "That's stupid, the elevators move at the same pace." He slurs, still wasted.

"Well, Ricky and I's elevator will go faster because we're just cooler." I brag, smiling at Ej and Gina. "Unless you two just want to accept your defeat now."

Ej and Gina look at each other before back at me. "Okay, you're on. Floor 5, room 501." Ej tells us, calling both elevators.

As soon as the elevator doors ding open, Ricky and I run into the one on the left while Gina and Ej go to the one on the right. I press the button that will lead us to the fifth floor before pressing the button that automatically closes the doors. I watch the numbers go up, anxious to get to the top.

We were almost at the second floor when I have another brilliant idea. I turn to Ricky, "We should start jumping! I love jumping in elevators!"

Ricky simply shrugs his shoulders, not showing any sign of thinking or consideration before he starts to jump up and down in the elevator. I laugh at how easily convinced he was, starting to jump with him.

"I used to do this all the time when I was a little girl!" I tell him, reminiscing on my days as a kid in elementary school. I miss those days.

I watch us get to floor 4, until the elevator suddenly comes to an abrupt halt.

Ricky and I stop jumping, confused by the elevator stopped moving. "Are we here?" I question, looking up at the floor count. It said we were only on the fourth floor.

"Why else would the elevator stop?" Ricky questions, pressing the button that would automatically open the elevator doors. The button doesn't work, and the doors remain closed. I think that's when I knew something was up. Even though I was near blackout drunk, it's not hard to decipher what happened.

"The elevator stopped and we're stuck, dingus." I inform, backing myself up into the corner of the elevator. Then, for some reason, I start to laugh.

Ricky looks at me with a weirded-out expression, "We're stuck in an elevator and you're laughing?"