25

hey lovelies!! please read the note at the end of the chapter!!<3

♡♡♡

I DON'T THINK I've ever seen my mom more disappointed in me than she is right now, and the feeling of knowing your mom is disappointed in you is such a bad feeling.

The ride from the police station to home was dead silent. It wasn't comfortable silence, though. Even though the car ride was silent, it was deafening. The radio wasn't even on. It was awful.

I'm grounded, which is already a bad thing but even worse in my case since I don't have school at all next week due to all the killings. I'm basically on house arrest.

The car pulls into the driveway of our house. I unbuckle my seatbelt and was about to get out of the car, when my mom finally breaks the silence. "You're coming with me to the hospital to see your mother in a half hour. You don't have a choice anymore."

Her eyes were harsh, she was looking at me as if I was a stranger rather than her daughter. As if she didn't recognize me anymore. "I know." I whisper, turning away from her and getting out of the car. I walk into the house and rush up the stairs.

I was about to walk inside my bedroom when I notice the sign I put on my door still up. In one motion I tear it down from my door, ripping it to shreds. The torn pieces of paper fall to the floor as I open my bedroom door, slamming it shut behind me.

I was angry. Why would she report me missing? If she had just waited a couple more hours, I would've come home. That was humiliating! Ricky, Gina, and Ej saw me all scared like that. I probably annoyed them. They were probably thinking about how they didn't want to deal with me being all stressed out. I'm a bad friend, and a bad daughter.

All my thoughts cease when I notice my closet was open.

I didn't leave it open. The only person who would've opened it is my mom, which means she must've been in here. I feel my heart drop, my mind immediately going to the pills I stole from Ricky. Did she find them? If she found them, I'm done for.

Surely she would've said something about it if she found them, right? Or maybe she's trying to see if I would bring them up first. I walk over to my closet, to see if they were still in there, relief washing over me when I see them still where I put them.

They're kind of in an obvious spot, though. Did she see them? There's no way she opened my closet and just missed a bright yellow bottle of antidepressants.

I was about to close my closet and brush the thought away, when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. On the floor, there was a very faint footprint. If you have bad eyesight, I doubt you'd be able to see it. I had to squint to see it, but it was definitely a footprint from a boot or something similar.

I toggle the flashlight on my phone, crouching down and shining the light over the footprint to further examine. It was definitely from a boot, but that's not what was strange about it.