21

this chapter picks up where the last one left off btw

♡♡♡

SOMETHING ABOUT RICKY makes me feel so safe, which is weird considering I don't think there's one thing about Ricky that's safe.

It's absurd to break my mom's rule. It's annoying, but I guess I understand where she's coming from by not wanting me to go out. Asking me to go against my own mother is a ridiculous request, and something I normally wouldn't do.

It's because it was Ricky who was asking me. I just like spending time with him, I guess. Plus, I put that sign on my door. Hopefully my mom is gullible enough to believe I'm sleeping.

I smile, knowing there's no way I could leave after he asked me to stay. "I have nothing to wear. I can't go to the party dressed like this." I look down at my outfit which consisted of what I woke up in, an oversized long sleeve tee shirt and black shorts.

"I can invite Gina and Ej over. I'll tell Gina to bring some clothes for you." Ricky offers, pulling his phone out from his pocket.

"Okay, great. What if your dad comes home and you have three people over?" I sit next to Ricky on his bed, turning my body so I was facing him.

He simply shrugs his shoulders, "He probably won't care. He already knows you and Ej, it's just Gina he doesn't know. I've mentioned her before, though. Granted he was drunk when I did, but he'll probably remember."

I nod my head, "So where's your mom?" I question, watching as his eyes widen just the tiniest bit before going back to normal.

He clears his throat, moving his eyes away from mine. "Just uh, y'know," He stammers, as if he forgot where his mom was and he was trying to remember. "A friend's house."

"Oh. I want to meet her, she seems nice." I don't know why, but she just seems like she'd be a nice lady. Ricky shifts his position uncomfortably, still refusing to make eye contact with me.

"Yeah, anyways," He changes the subject, making me confused. "Are you uh- are you hungry?" He wonders. Something about him seemed off. It's like his entire personality just changed in five seconds.

"I'll just have some water, I guess." I tell him. He nods his head and is about to walk out of his room when I stand up, "I'll come with."

He nods once again before bending down and picking his cat off the ground. He pets the cat on the head, and I smile. It felt like my heart was exploding with cuteness.

"You never told me you had a cat. I didn't see it last time I was here." I walk up to Ricky and pet the cat on the head.

"Yeah, she's a sweetheart. She's the love of my life." He kisses the cat, which I now know is a girl, on the top of her head. "I think my dad loves her more than me." He jokes, earning a laugh from me.