19. ​ꜱᴡᴋ & ᴍᴀᴄᴀQᴜᴇ

requested by: ShoukoGabiana

synopsis: being the glue that held everyone together comes with a price.

words: 695

❥❥❥

Mk fell flat on his ass as he huffed. Sweat formed on his brow as he fanned himself.

"I think that'll be it for today, bud," Wukong crouched down and rested his face in his hands.

"Good, cuz I think I couldn't handle another round of my body gaining more bruises," Mk smiled in relief as he pulled out a small book from his pocket.

"Whatcha got there?" Wukong asked.

"Oh! Uh, [Y/n] suggested I carry around a schedule so I'm not so stressed about my chores," Mk checked off the box and handed the book to his mentor. Wukong took it and read the nicely organized booklet.

"Did she make this for you?"

"Yeah! I didn't even have to ask for it, she just handed it to me and said to try it for a week...and well, it's a bit hard to get used to but it's made things so much easier to remember," Mk took his book back and checked it once more. His eyes bulged from their sockets as he re-examined his schedule and jumped up from the ground, "Oh geez, I promised Pigsy I'd be back to help with orders! See ya, Monkey King-!"

Wukong waved to Mk before lowering his hand. Wukong hopped onto his cloud and began heading in the direction of your house, since he had nothing else to do he figured he'd pay you a little visit.

When Wukong arrived at the house he was confused at the overturned plant pot, that pot was where the hidden key to your house resided.

And the key was gone.

Wukong glanced up at the door and approached it, he turned the knob and noticed the door was unlocked. A bad premotion entered his head as he stepped into the house and listened carefully to any sounds.

When he rounded the corner of your living room, he paused when he saw you and Macaque sitting on the couch. Macaque held your hand and occasionally said something that Wukong couldn't make out.

Normally, he'd barge in, but something was wrong. Wukong stared at your face for a little long and gasped. You...weren't smiling and your face looked like you were in constant pain, this wasn't something that Wukong had ever witnessed from you before.

"[Y/n]?" Wukong stepped out of the dark.

Macaque lifted his head and stared in the direction of the noise, when he saw that it was Wukong he held a finger over his mouth and glared at him.

You followed Macaque's line of sight and frowned, great now there was another person who found out. Your calm breathing from earlier became erratic as you squeezed Macaque's hand a couple of times.

Wukong clamped his mouth shut and slowly went over to take the empty space on your right. His eyes never left you as he watched his nemesis attempt to calm you down. The Monkey King glanced down at your clenched fist as an idea struck him.

"Breathe in...and out, deep breaths," Macaque muttered to you as his hand squeezed yours back.

You gulped down the thump in your throat and slowly followed the monkey's instructions, you flinched when something heavy landed on your hand. You slowly turned your head to look at what it was, only to see that Wukong had moved himself to lay his head on your hand.

With deep, slow breaths, you moved your hand to rest on top of the king's head and began stroking the soft hair.

It felt like hours had passed when the intense fear slipped away from you. You felt tired and you were sure the two monkeys also felt somewhat drained by your actions.

"I'm sorry," You whispered hoarsely.

Macaque and Wukong glanced at you before looking at each other. Macaque gave your hand a couple of squeezes, "Don't be."

Wukong hummed as he sat up and leaned against your shoulder, his tail snaking around your palm to replace his head.

You felt your lip quiver as you closed your eyes and smiled.

The house fell silent once more as the three spent the rest of the day in each other's comforting company.