10. ​ꜱᴡᴋ & ᴍᴀᴄᴀQᴜᴇ

requested by: Boogirl107 [AO3]

synopsis: you would always hear a comment or two about your weight, usually it doesn't get to you too much but sometimes it's hard to ignore the stares.

cw: fatshaming and bullying

words: 1645

❥❥❥

"You should really consider dropping the snacks," One of your 'friends' from college suggested out of the blue. Today marked the beginning of a break and most of the students decided to spend the day walking around the city, you included.

"Why?" You asked as you nibbled on a cookie.

"I mean, every time I see you before or after class, you're always at one of the vending machines getting a snack," Then they giggled as they asked, "Is your stomach just a bottomless pit? Man, all you ever do is eat, eat, eat, are you secretly a pig demon or something?"

"No, I just snack when I skip a meal to go to class or use the time to finish an assignment," You defended as you lowered the cookie from your mouth.

"Sure you do," They rolled their eyes. "Anyway, I'm just saying this as a friend, people don't want to be seen walking around with a whale who only knows how to eat everything in sight...plus you really need to consider the health problems you'll develop if you don't start moving those stubby legs, piggy."

"I..." You glanced down at your belly and the bag of cookies in your hand. "Don't call me that."

"What? Don't call you piggy?" They taunted. Suddenly, the person snatched the bag of cookies from you and chucked them into the nearest trash can. You could only watch as they did this because the other passing pedestrians kept moving through the small sidewalk.

"There, now I won't call you a piggy, fair deal, huh?" They punched your shoulder before speeding off. "See ya later!"

"Bye..." You mumbled as you made a detour to head home to your apartment. It was nearing four in the afternoon when you arrived at your apartment. The first thing you did was take a shower and stand in front of a mirror.

You wore your undergarments, but the most jarring thing in the mirror was your stomach, the rolls you had on your back, and your rounded face. You frowned as you squished the chub of your stomach, then moved around to see all angles of yourself.

"Maybe they were right," You uttered to yourself. The words of pig, whale, and other insults floated in your head the more you stared into the mirror.

"But...I can prove them wrong...right?" You questioned. "I could-"