17. ​ꜱᴡᴋ

requested by: WhiteThaunder

synopsis: sometimes an annoying little monkey comes to ruin your day. 

cw: season four spoilers.

words: 499

❥❥❥

You took a sip of your tea only to spit it out when something hairy entered your mouth.

Laughter echoing from outside made you glare at your opened window, from there you could see the giggling shadow of the insufferable Monkey King.

"Just ignore him, he feeds off of your reaction," The warrior, Azure Lion, spoke as he took your cup and replaced it with his.

"It's hard when his voice is so grating," You hissed under your breath. You pushed yourself to stand and approached the opened window, you closed the window and locked it before returning to your seat. "Why can't he just leave me be, I haven't done anything to him, have I?"

"Not that I can recall," Azure answered honestly. "Perhaps he harasses anyone on his path, and you just so happen to be on it."

"Wonderful," You grumbled.

"Don't worry too much, your majesty," Azure smiled. "I'm sure with time he'll grow bored and eventually leave you alone."

"I hope that time comes sooner than later," You took a sip of your tea. Azure nodded before glancing at the window, "I must be off, I'll come to visit when I have the time."

Azure bowed to you and left your bed-chambers, you watched him leave before placing the teacup on the table. 

You stared into the cup for a moment before standing up to go to your vanity. You plucked a book off of it and opened it, you jolted and threw the book across the room when a butterfly landed on the pages.

"Ah!" You gasped as the butterfly began flying towards you, you shrieked as you ducked and attempted to run away from it. 

You weren't deathly afraid of butterflies, but the way their wings flapped and moved was so creepy. You held this same fear for any bug that had wings.

You tried to head for the door, but the butterfly seemed to have noticed and always flew closer whenever you attempted to leave. You backed up in a corner and curled into a ball while holding your head.

You waited for the butterfly to do something, but the familiar sound of the Monkey King's giggles made your cheeks burn. You rose your head from your fetal position to witness Wukong on the ground clutching his stomach.

"Ahahahah! You should've seen your face! Ah~ no don't touch me~" Wukong mocked your screams from earlier and wiped a tear from his eye. "Man you're really-"

Wukong's words died in his mouth as he stared up at your glowing form and the rolled-up book in your hand.

"Wait, wait, wait-!" Wukong scrambled to get away only to be hit so hard he slammed through the wall.

The loud boom made the nearby servants and guards rush over to see what had disturbed the peace. What they saw was your disheveled form choking the life out of Sun Wukong.