6. ​ꜱᴡᴋ

requested by: fire1999

synopsis: something strange has been happening to the king the past week, and you couldn't put your finger on it until it was laid out for you by Pigsy of all people.

words: 1127

❥❥❥

You groaned as you rolled your head on your shoulders.

The drive around Megapolis to pick up Mk's slack made you tired, all you wanted to do now was relax in your favorite noodle spot and hang.

As you pushed the door open you were greeted by the familiar sight of Tang and Pigsy, however, Mk and Mei were nowhere in sight.

"Oh, hey, [Y/n], done with orders already?" Tang turned his head and waved to you.

"Glad to see you back, kid, at least someone's workin' hard around here," Pigsy snorted as he finished tying up the bag of another order.

You nodded to Tang and took a stool next to the older man. Your face planted into the counter as your second groan was muffled.

Tang and Pigsy shared a glance before the noodle shop owner tapped the counter with his spoon. "Uh, well ya got one more delivery to make and then you're free for the evening."

You peeled your face from the counter and asked, "Lemme guess...Monkey King's temple?"

"Uh...yeah, how'd you know?" Pigsy rose a brow.

You sighed and sat up in your stool, both men leaned in as you opened your mouth to tell your tale. Lately, you've noticed that near the end of your shift, there would be an order from Monkey Village and you'd go to that village to find out it was the Great Sage Equal To Heaven himself who ordered.

The first few times were fun, getting to know the Monkey King away from all the end-of-the-world shenanigans was a treat. The two of you unexpectedly clicked and every time you came to drop off his order, Monkey King would somehow convince you to stay a while.

These hangouts were fine, nothing out of the ordinary happened...but there was a few things you began to notice about the Monkey King.

"Hey! [Y/n]! Nice jacket, where'd you get it from?" Wukong asked as he tugged on the sleeve of your hoodie.

You smiled and turned on the couch to show the logo of your favorite band/fandom/etc. on it, "Thanks! Just bought it online and I love it!"