14. ​ꜱᴡᴋ & ᴍᴀᴄᴀQᴜᴇ

requested by: ii_Cloudy_Skies

synopsis: love is in the air, and it's time for two monkeys to decide how they want to pop the question.

cw: suggestive themes, implied pegging

words: 887

❥❥❥

"Shouldn't we do it like.." Wukong used the stick to draw a shape into the dirt.

"Of course not, she'd hate that," Macaque used his stick to cross the shape out.

"How would you know-"

"-cause I've known her longer than you, genius."

"That doesn't mean this plan wouldn't-" Wukong paused when he glanced up at your yawning figure descending the steps from his house. You were dressed in your day clothes and just got done eating a small snack for breakfast.

Quickly while you weren't looking, he and Macaque worked together to cover the drawings they etched into the dirt. When you finally neared them, you rose a brow at how obvious their 'casual' acting was.

"Is there something I should know?" You asked.

"Nope! We were just trying to see who could draw a...a...dog better..." Wukong explained. Macaque smacked his face at the king's stupid excuse.

"Okay...well, I'm gonna go run a few errands, you two need anything?"

Macaque jumped at the opportunity to say, "Yes! Do you know those chips that everyone's been talking about? I heard there's a new flavor and I wanna try them, thanks plum, have a safe trip!"

Macaque stood up and placed his hands on your shoulders and pushed you toward the cave's opening. Before you could utter another word, he kissed your cheek and shoved you out of the cave.

Macaque made sure he couldn't hear your footsteps anymore before he turned to Wukong and smirked, "Now we have all the time we need."

"Devious, but I doubt we'll figure out what to do before she comes back," Wukong deadpanned. "You know how she treats shopping like a speed run, so how would-"

"-the chips don't exist."

"Ooooooh."

A few hours passed before you returned. You carried a few bags in your hands as you stepped through the entrance. "Hey, I'm back! I couldn't find the chips, but I'll try and see if they have them next week, oh and can one of you help me with the-..."

You nearly dropped the groceries when you spotted the lit candles deliberately placed to make a path towards a large flag with the words 'MARRIE US?' painted in red. At the end of the path were both Macaque and Wukong kneeling while a box was held up by both of them.

You dropped the bags and walked over to them, however, the first thing that came out of your mouth wasn't something they expected. 

"How long have you two been kneeling for?" 

"...hourssss..." Wukong groaned as he arched his back and sighed at the satisfying pop of his bones. Macaque smacked the back of his head and the Monkey King readjusted his position and straightened his back. 

"Get up you two," You giggled and offered your hands to them. 

"But what about-" Macaque was interrupted by you. 

"My answer is yes, but you two didn't need to do something like this," You glanced at the banner and snorted as you knew who painted those words. "But I appreciate it, honestly, but-" 

You yanked them both to stand and glared at them both, "Lie to me and have me lookin' like a fool in the stores about a damn imaginary item again then I'll have to reconsider the proposal, m'kay?" 

Both of them nodded rapidly as you released their hands and pulled them in for a hug. They hugged you back and when you finally broke apart, Macaque opened the box to reveal three rings.

"How long have you two been planning this?" You asked softly as Wukong took your ring and slipped it onto your finger.

"A while..." Macaque chuckled. He took Wukong's ring and placed it on the king, who in turn did the same for Macaque.

"You have no idea how hard it was trying to figure out when to do it, how to do it, and this guy just made everything so complicated!" Wukong complained.

"[Y/n] deserves the best, doesn't she? But I'm sure the great Monkey King wouldn't know about valuing others than yourself," Macaque shot back.

Before another argument could break out, you said grabbed their hands and squeezed gently. They stopped glaring at each other to look at you, their scowls softened into smiles.

"I love you," You exclaimed. "But it's gonna be a nightmare when it comes time to plan for a wedding if we even decide to have one, or the honeymoon."

"I'm sure we'll figure it out as it comes," Macaque reassured.

"'Specially the honeymoon," Wukong bit his lip. "I think we should go ahead and practice for it."

"Pervert," Macaque rolled his eyes.

"I'm not hearing a no," Wukong retorted as he threw Macaque over his shoulder and then carried you under his arm like a football. He then rushed back over to his hut.

"Fine by me as long as I get to be the top this time," You grinned widely as you heard the boy's audible gulp.

"Glad I got nothing planned tomorrow," Macaque accepted his inevitable fate.

"You'll be gentle...right? I still have to train Mk tomorrow-" Wukong sputtered.

"We'll see."