"I want you".....

• Dedicated to Fay Valentine

Cookie: Whee chap 10! ^_^ Thanks a bunch of cookies for reading! VOTE! COMMENT! Fan if you'd like!

Here's a pic of our Fay (Vals) on the far bottom right corner of your screen--------------->

Plus a youtube upload of "Everything I do, I do it for you." By Bryan Adams. Old song but its boooootiful! It says exactly what Austen feels for Fay. *sighs* Listen to it!

------------------------------------------

(Fays POV)

Waiting for Austen to come out of the principles office seemed like an eternity. I couldn't sit still so I ended up pacing. Luis had already left, something about babysitting, who knows, I barely noticed when he left. All I could think about was Austen and what he did. He took the blame for me and he did it without hesitation even knowing that it could affect his enterance to a top college.

Why? Why would he do that?

"Hey, Fay," someone said from behind me. I glanced back and nodded to Stan, the school janitor. I was probably the only one in school who knew his name or even spoke to him. Stan was a twenty-nine year old school drop out, currently working on his GED. I had been the one who had pushed him into it, I know right? Me, giving people advice? Anyway, other than that I didn't know much about him, not like that was important. He was just an aquaintance. Truth is he reminded me of the old Austen.

"Hi Stan."

"Got in trouble again, huh?" Stan nodded to the principles office. "He kick you out?"

"No, Austen's in there."

"Oh," he looked thoughtful for a second. "I see, he's taking the blame for you, isn't he?"

I pretended not to hear that, staring at the office door instead. I wonder what Mr. Robinson was doing to Austen. If he made Austen cry...

"He's a good friend to do that," Stan went on, "really good."

"Uh-huh," I said distractedly. I frowned at him. "Sorry, did you want to tell me something?"

Stan smiled shyly, shaking his head. "No, I just noticed you, thought I'd say hi..."

"Oh, hi." Stan was a little weird sometimes.

"Okay," he held up the mop he was holding a little higher. "I guess I'll go mop around a bit."

I blinked at him. "Um, okay, see ya."

With a final shy nod, he left. I shook my head. Since I've known him, Stan had always been a little weirder than most. He was the push over type and I was willing to bet he was bullied in high school. Hell, people in this school bullied him now when they payed enough attention to him. At least my Austen had a back bone. Stan was just plain awkward.

Sighing, I leaned against a locker, tapping my foot. Waiting for him to come out was killing me. Guilt was gnawing at my conscience. I shouldn't have let him take the fall. What kind of a friend was I? Not a very good one obviously.

Turning, I opened the locker I had been leaning against, which was mine. It was obvious why the had given me a locker that was directly across from the principles office. Old Mr. Robinson wanted to keep an eye on me. I snorted.

Whatever.

I really didn't have anything in the locker, just a couple of books. I took them and stuffed it in my bag. I was trying to distract myself so I wouldn't go bursting into the office and dragging Austen off somewhere. That wouldn't be good. I was about to close the locker when I noticed a piece of paper in the back. Frowning, I took it out, unfolding it.