Surviving the Johnsons. Chapter twentynine.

Chapter twenty-nine.

I rolled over and I fell to the floor, my eyes shot open to see the hotel coffee table. Why was I in the living area?

"Guys, she's awake," I heard a girl's voice say. "Mitchie, are you okay?" I felt my mouth moving but I didn't hear any words coming out. "James, get her a glass of water, will you?"

"Okay, give me a minute. I'll let the others know she's awake," a boy said. I sat up and looked around; I was in the hotel at least.

"What-" I blinked and looked at Nora, she was looking down at me, concern showing clear on her features. "What happened?" My head was throbbing for some reason.

"Don't you remember what happened?" I shook my head. "You came running in crying last night and you blacked out after saying a few things."

I squinted my eyes and I saw everyone walk into the room. Things from last night came rushing back to me. Carrying Tony home, taking him to his room, him saying something... What did he say?

"What did he say?" I asked Nora.

"Well..." she looked at the others. “You said he loved you, Mitchie." She whispered in my ear. My eyes widened, that's right, he said he loved me! I stood up and walked towards the bedroom, I heard Nora following me.

"Five minutes," I told her over my shoulder.

Just under ten minutes later I was washed, dried and in fresh clothes with new makeup applied. I walked out the bedroom, straight past everyone's gaze towards the door. "I'll be downstairs," I told them vaguely before shutting the door behind me. 

I ignored the lift and walked down the stairs instead, I felt like doing some exercise. First day in London and I already wish I was back home, snuggling on the sofa with Phoebe watching an annoying chick flick. 

"I'm going for a walk," I told the random teacher I saw. He nodded at me over his newspaper, sipping his cup of coffee and checking his watch every few seconds. I rolled my eyes and walked out the hotel, I tried to remember places I visited when I came to London with my father. I was aimlessly walking down the road when I spotted a girl across the street, she looked familiar but I couldn't place her at first... I gasped as I jogged the rest of the way before pulling her into a hug.

She was about to push my away but then she noticed who I was, "Mitchie?"

"Vicka, it's been too long!" I squeezed her before taking in her black wavy hair and dark brown eyes. She looked older than she did before but she still looked good.

"I know, I didn't know you were back in London? Did your father drag you back here?"

I shook my head, "no, no, my school is here on a trip with the good kids. I'm here with my friends..."

She noticed my hesitation because she jumped in with the question she asked me the first time she ever met me, "What did the idiot do?"

I cracked a smile, "that's the first thing you ever said to me when we met."

"I know," she winked and put her arms through mine. "Want to get something to eat and talk about it?" I nodded my head and we walked towards a cafe that we visited when I was in London last year.

Once I finished telling her everything that had happened since I left her, she looked about ready to hurt someone - she was never someone to keep her temper.

"That bastard, how can he do that? I mean, say, basically, he said he didn't like you and then when he's about to fall asleep he says he loves you. Total B.S." My face must have fallen because she quickly added, "not that he couldn't be in love with you, I mean, look at you..."