Chapter fortysix

Chapter forty-six.

I felt faint as I got out of Sean's arms and ran towards the bathroom. Sean called my name but I ignored him as I slammed into the girl’s bathroom door. I pushed the door shut and stood in front of the mirror, a girl with worried eyes stared back at me.

"Don't worry, I'm sure it wasn't even him," I muttered as I smoothed fly away hairs. There was a loud knock on the bathroom door, I jumped around spun round. Who would knock on the bathroom door and not come in?

"Mitchie..." I froze. That voice. "You shouldn't run, Mitchie, it makes the game all the much more fun."

"Go away, go away," I mumbled again and again, trying to block his voice by putting my hands over my ears. I heard a rustling noise; I peeked round the side of the wall to see something being pushed under the door.

"Sweet friends you have, Mitchie... I might talk to them, if you'll excuse me."

I pushed away from the sink and ran to the door, picking up the piece of paper from the floor. I looked at the address scribbled down in black sharpie. "He wants me to meet him, is he serious?" I thought out loud.

"Oh, I'm quite serious." I jumped back. "Would you like me to ask your dear friends to meet me as well?"

"What do you want?" I said through gritted teeth, slamming my hand against the door between us. "Why can't you just leave me alone? I'm nothing to do with the stupid thing my father did!" I was closing to hissing the words at him but toned it down once I realized people could be passing by.

"Meet me at that address in your hand I will explain. No friends, no trouble. I'll see you later, sweet Mitchie." I heard his heavy footsteps as he walked away. Why had my friends let him come in here? Had my friends even noticed I was gone?

I walked into one of the stools and slid down the wall, I felt one tear make its way down my cheek but that was all I would allow. If I wanted my friends to stay safe, I had to see him on my own but how would I get away?

I took the scrunched piece of paper off the floor and looked at the address and time again. Tomorrow at four. I sighed and rubbed my eyes. At least I had a day to plan how to get away from my friends and towards a man who had serious problems.

~

It was half two and I was ready to punch someone in the face. Not one of my friends would let me go anywhere by myself - I know I said I wanted them to care but, seriously, one of the girls came with me to the toilet!

"What is going on?" I demanded to the group of boys as they squashed me into the Johnson family kitchen. All of them looked at me with the same innocent look. I gritted my teeth and decided if they weren't going to let me go willingly then I would have to punch them in the face. I stood up, the chair scraping along the floor. "I swear to God if one of you guys follows me to the bathroom then you will not have children in the near future."

After I said that they let me escape their babysitting watch. I looked over my shoulder before escaping into the garage. In the corner stood a motorbike. It was what Phoebe had brought Kurtis one year but he was so busy with college he didn't have a chance to learn properly, guess I could put it to use...

I took a deep breath and tried to remember what Tony had done when he got on a bike. I heard someone call my name; I bit my lip and made sure I wouldn't slide off the seat. Checking over my shoulder to see if anyone was there, I leant forward and pushed the button to open the garage door.

"It's now or never, Mitchie," I muttered to myself as I started the engine.

"Mitchie?"

Looking once over my shoulder at Lance, I gave him a small smile and kicked the bike into gear. "Mitchie, wait!"