Surviving the Johnsons. Chapter ten.

Chapter ten

Lunch was fun; me, Nora and Zac all sat outside, under a big tree eating our cafeteria brought sandwiches. We joked around, they told me about times when they were younger and that ended with Nora sitting on top of Zac; covering his mouth. I felt a pang of jealously at the time, but I pushed it away, I just wanted to have fun with them and not worry about stupid crushes or certain brothers.

I was now sitting with Zac outside the school building, waiting for Nora to finish her last lesson of the day. I had free period and Zac decided to skip with me, I told him he didn't need to but he insisted.

"So," I started, kicking a stone across the grounds. "What do you think of this school?" I asked him after I realized he was waiting for me to actually talk.

"It's okay, from what I've seen. I didn't actually think of coming here, but now I have a reason to," he winked at me and lay down on the grass. I felt my cheeks redden but luckily he didn't see, "I should tell Nora you would move all the way to this school for her."

He laughed and propped himself on one elbow, so he was facing my crossed legged figure. "Baby, you know you're the only one for me," he winked and I laughed, nudging him. I faintly heard the school bell, signaling the end of the day. "Thanks, by the way," I said to him, tapping my finger on my leg.

"For what?" He stood up, pulling me with him.

"For missing school just to sit with me, even if we didn't do much," I shrugged my shoulder as he looked at me.

"You don't have to thank me, it was fun," he pulled me into a quick hug.

"Zac, Mitchie!" Nora shouted as she stood on the school steps, I squinted as her figure stepped into the afternoon sun. I grabbed Zac's hand and began to skip towards her. "

You do realize I'm a guy, I don't do skipping."

"Oh, you're a guy?" I stopped and Zac collided into my back, "why didn't you tell me?!" I joked.

"I thought you knew," Zac put a hand to his heart, "I'm so sorry, baby. I didn't mean to betray you about my...gender before," he spun me around and I laughed.

"Oh, Zac, if you're really a guy, then I accept you for liking guys," I winked and went to walk away but his grip tightened and he pulled me back.

"Whoa, since when did I starting liking guys?"

"I thought you were a girl so when you checked out other boys I didn't think much of it," I laughed at his shocked face. "Zac, don't worry, I'm joking!" I nearly shouted as my laughter made it hard to breath.

"Thank God, if you thought I liked guys would you let me do this?" He bent forward and lightly pressed his lips to mine. I felt tingles go through my lips as he moved away; I opened my eyes quickly and looked at him. A faint blush was making its way across his cheeks, he was avoiding eye contact with me.

"If you liked guys, you wouldn't be doing that in the first place."

I felt something tugging in the corner of my mind, my brain was trying to remember something, and I looked towards the school. Nora was standing a few feet away from us, the twins standing on either side of her. Her mouth was open and she was staring at us, I felt Zac shift next to me. He looked at me quickly before looking towards them.

"I think I should go," he whispered to me, his cheeks were still quite pink but his eyes showed he was scared. That was when I noticed both the twins were staring at him with hatred.

I put my back to them and made Zac look at me. "Ignore them, come to mine later, we can watch a movie or something. Yeah?"

He nodded but didn't take his eyes of the two boys moving in on us, I tiptoed and kissed his cheek, "bye Zac."

He nodded and quickly walked away. "You two kissed?!" Nora practically tackled me to the floor, she was grinning like a madwomen.

"I guess, er, yeah, I think so?" It sounded more like a question due to her facial features scaring me. I looked at Tony and saw hurt cross his beautiful features before he masked it and walked away, James looked at me then followed behind his brother. "Why were they with you?" I asked Nora, she watched them walk away.

"They wanted to say sorry and tell you why they did it, but..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say. I nodded and stood up straight.

"Let's just go home," with that we walked towards the parking lot and went home. Every day seems to get more exhausting.