Chapter 4: Hyugas

Naruto and Kushina were walking along the street on their way to the Hyuga compound where they had been asked to come and celebrate the third birthday of the clan heir, Hinata.

Unfortunately Minato couldn't join them as he had Hokage business to deal with today.

Today was the day that Kumo was coming to sign a non-aggression treaty with Konoha, effectively ending the Third Shinobi World War.

All the time while walking to the Hyuga's, Naruto was thinking.

Something happened today, something important that affected one of his friends in the previous timeline, but he couldn't remember what it was.

Naruto couldn't help but notice the people walking through the village.

In his past timeline, they would send him glares of hatred and annoyance, but this time…none of that.

Most of the villages turned their heads his way and either smiled at him, waved at him, and even a few greeted him warmly.

He had earned his respect near the time of the Fourth Shinobi World War, but he had saved the entire village in that timeline. He hadn't done anything yet, at least that no one knows of, in this timeline and it wasn't that he didn't like it, it was just kind of weird to him.

Naruto and Kushina arrived at the Hyuga compound and noticed that the majority of the guests were Hyugas themselves.

There were some other people there, but Naruto realized that they had to be important civilians or something along those lines as he couldn't recognize any of them.

However, he soon realized that the majority of the people there had a similar brown color to their hair, with the exception of his bright blonde hair, his mother's red hair, and another woman's lavender colored hair.

That woman with the lavender hair must have been Hinata's mother as he could not remember anyone else in the village or the Hyuga clan having that hair color, besides Hinata herelf.

Kushina left Naruto in the company of a few other boys around his age, hoping they would become acquainted while she went off to talk to the lavender-haired woman. "Yep, must be Hinata's mother if my mom and her are such good friends" thought Naruto. He turned to face another boy, around his age.

"Hello" the boy said bowing to Naruto. Now things were really getting weird.

Someone was actually bowing to him. The boy was obviously Hyuga, possessing the pale eyes that indicated the presence of the Byakugan.

He had longer hair that went down to his shoulder blades.

His facial expression was kind yet had a slight hint of arrogance that Naruto somehow was familiar with. "It's pleased to make your acquaintance. I'm Neji Hyuga."

"Neji!" it came back to Naruto instantly. This was Neji.

*Flashback*

Naruto was standing in the middle of the arena facing Neji. It was the first match of the chunin exam finals…the Genius of the Hyuga clan vs. the Failure. Naruto had just been thrown back when Neji unleashed his Kaiten, a main family jutsu that he had been able to reverse engineer.

The next thing he knew was getting hit by another of Neji's reverse engineered moves, the Hakke Rokujuyon Sho.

"I have hit 64 of your tenketsu, you can no longer stand. Stay on your knees before a power that you cannot change and realize your worthlessness. Having your dreams come true through hard work…is an illusion" scoffed Neji.

Naruto struggled, unable to move his body, as he rose to his feet, shocking most people in the stands, and especially Neji. "You should just give up. I have no grudge against you."