Chapter 2: The Crucial First Minutes

Uzumaki Kushina was crying out in pain as she began to deliver the baby which she carried.

All the while, she was struggling to keep the Kyuubi, which she had sealed inside her, in check.

If there was any night where the Kyuubi could escape, it was tonight. The seal on her had weakened over the past few months as her energy was more focused on the developing child within her womb than it was the great demon sealed within her.

Thankfully, she had help.

Her husband, Namikaze Minato and the Yondaime Hokage, was doing everything in his power to keep the Kyuubi's seal in check and to help his wife through the trials of childbirth.

"I can see the head! Just a little more, Kushina!" shouted Biwoku, the midwife responsible for delivering Kushina's child.

"Naruto! Come out!" shouted Minato. "Kyuubi, you stay in!"

Kushina gritted her teeth one last time and gave one more push.

Suddenly, the sounds of the room were filled with that of a crying child.

Kushina tried to regain her breath as she began to cry as Biwoku wrapped the newly born boy in a blanket.

She was so excited by the event that had just taken place that she didn't notice that the Kyuubi had unexplainably settled down.

Naruto opened his eyes, finding himself in some chamber with his father looking down at him, tearing up by the fact that he was finally a father.

Naruto's crying stopped for a moment as he realized where he was.

He was in his own body…the very moment after he had just been born. They had done it…he and Kurama were now in the past.

"…I need you to make as much noise as possible…" the words the Kyuubi had given him before they arrived in the past echoed in his head.

Naruto knew what was coming next and there was no way he would let that happen, despite his limited ability to do anything at the moment…besides cry.

As such, he began bursting out in an uncontrollable fit of crying.

Kushina let out a deep breath as she looked at her newly born son.

She then closed her eyes, only for a moment, awaking to find herself in her own mindscape facing the Kyuubi, who was chained and staked to a large black sphere.

"Took you long enough. You've got to get out of here. You and your Kit are in danger" warned the Kyuubi. Kushina looked on in utter confusion. "Don't give me that look. Wake up and look around! He's here! Uchiha Madara! And if he isn't stopped, you and your Kit are as good as dead! Now get OUT!"

The Kyuubi's last bark forced Kushina back into the real world, causing her to sit up straight, despite the pain originating from her waist as a result of just giving birth.

It was then she saw him…the man the Kyuubi was talking about…Uchiha Madara. Her eyes grew wide. She didn't know why she believed the KYuubi, but that man wasn't supposed to me here. "MINATO!" she shouted pointing to the man.

Minato turned around just in time to see the masked man slash Taji, another or the midwives, across the neck, sending her to the ground…dead.

He made a quick move for Biwoko and the bundle containing Naruto, realizing he had been noticed.

The masked man slashed with a knife at Biwoko, only for it to pass through thin air…and a flash of yellow light.

Another flash appeared next to Kushina as Minato appeared, carrying an injured Biwoko and his son, Naruto.