CHAPTER 12

I bubbled up with anger as I left Zack's house. I was so annoyed with how ignorant Zack was being. It was unbelievable how he stood up for Joseph.

I was too busy with my thoughts that I didn't notice I was home until I twisted the doorknob. As I entered my house, I continued to blow off steam about the whole incident. I stormed into the kitchen, ripped open the fridge, and pulled out a bottle of blood. I gulped it down like a monster. I was just so mad. Right at that moment, Jacob walked into the kitchen. He saw me chugging down the blood.

"Um, Gina?" he asked. I crushed the bottle in my hand and dropped it on the ground.

"Get out, Jacob!" I barked. He didn't hesitate to run out of there. By then, Dad walked in. I turned to face him. Dad nearly jumped back. He had a look of fear on his face.

"Next time you decide to look like a hungry demon, please tell me ahead of time," he commented. He walked out of the kitchen. I looked at myself in the kitchen mirror. A bloody ring circled around my mouth. I scrubbed at it until the blood was now on my hand. I turned on the faucet and rinsed my hand under it. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I rushed over to the door and found you-know-who standing in the doorway.

"Hello, Gina. Seem as though you left me at the party. I'll just tell you now: if you're trying to get rid of me, it won't work." John said. I rolled my eyes and left. A few minutes later, I realized John hadn't walked in so I made my way to the door again. John was still there, looking around.

"You know you can come in, right?" I asked. John mouthed the words "thank you" before walking in.

"You do realize vampires can't enter another person's house without an invitation. It's one of the things that make us vampires." I rolled my eyes again and stormed off. He followed me.

"Don't mean to cause any trouble, but do you happen to have some blood?" he asked. I turned around.

"Yeah, it's in the fridge...." John was gone. I looked around, but he was nowhere to be seen.

"My, you seem to have the B-positive type," he commented. I whirled around to see him licking his lips.

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, you know, the best type to drink is always O-negative. It has a really fresh taste."

"So what's wrong with B-positive?"

"Oh, this is just my opinion, but, well, B-positive just tastes a little sour. Also, leeches tend to get into the blood." I furrowed my eyebrows. John put down the bottle and strolled up the stairs. I followed right behind him. We ended up in my room.

"And why are you in my room?" I asked him. He turned to me, a smirk on his face.

"Since I'm supposed to monitor you, I'll be sleeping here," John announced. I nearly gagged at the idea. Before I could comment, John shushed me.

"Now, now, don't panic. I can just sleep under your bed. Piece of cake. I'll be as silent as a mouse." Right then, John slid under the bed. Complete silence followed right after.

"John?" I called for him. He didn't respond. I bounced around on the bed. Nothing. It almost felt as thought he never came into my room.

I slipped off my bed and waltzed over to the open window. The afternoon air had a crisp taste. While I was admiring the afternoon, I noticed someone sneak across the yard. I watched as a boy, probably from around the neighborhood, huddled up around the back door. I almost brushed it off when three more boys followed him. Making myself hidden, I listened closely as they whispered to each other.

"You think this is where she's hiding?" a blond questioned.

"Totally. I saw blood stains on the driveway when I got here," another boy, this time with brown hair, replied. Smooth. Way to get people to track you. How that got there, I don't know.