CHAPTER 4

The beast snarled and got into a pouncing position. I stepped back. What was happening right now? What was Zack?

While I was too stunned to move, the beast snorted and then finally charged. Before I could react, the beast slammed me against the wall. It knocked all the air out of me. It dropped me on the ground and then pounded me with punches. With the third punch, I grabbed its fist and swung it to the side. While it was disoriented, I activated vampire mode and rushed at it. I tackled it to the ground and scratched at it. It kicked me away. As I regained my breath, the beast stood up again. Blood streamed down its face.

"You're... dead," it snarled. He tried to launch at me again, but I countered it and smashed his face into the wall. I thought I was good, but then his tail smacked me in the face, causing me to fall down. He turned around and kneed me in the stomach. Out of instinct, I bared my fangs and bit his thigh. He stumbled off of me, and I used that chance to launch into him. We continued on like that, ramming into the walls and knocking over furniture. In the end, the beast was on top of me once more. He brought down his fist at the same time I swiped at his face. At the same time, we got each other in the face and knocked each other out. Talk about a draw.

Suddenly, I opened my eyes and gasped for air. I faced the ceiling. I slowly sat up, feeling as though I'd been run over. I stretched, looked around. It took me a while to realize it was morning. I was still in Zack's house. I looked to my left and saw Zack sleeping. He had bruises all over himself and he was butt naked. A minute passed before his eyes flittered. I released a sigh.

"So, I see you're a werewolf," I murmured. Zack blushed. He covered his face with his hands.

"I know. I know. I'm sorry I attacked you like that. I don't even know what I was doing and-"

"Zack, it's okay. I understand. Just, next time, I wish you'd give me a heads up before you go nuts," I said. He slowly took his hands away from his face. He seemed to calm down a bit. I smirked.

"Oh, and uh, you might want to put some clothes on," I chuckled. Zack gawked at me, his face flushing. He scrambled around until he found a blanket and covered himself with it. He stood up.

"DON'T LOOK!" he hollered. He ran into his room. I chuckled. I loved seeing Zack so flustered. I looked around once more. We made a mess of ourselves. I stood up and started putting the furniture back where it belonged. Zack came back with a T-shirt and jeans. He watched me reorganize his living room.

"Here, let me help," he suggested. He walked up to me and reached out for the couch. I did, too. When his hand touched mine, I jerked it back immediately. He stared at me with a confused look on his face. I blushed.

"I... I'm sorry. I'm just...." I stammered. Zack pursed his lips, his cheeks a little red. I sighed.

"Um, I should probably leave," I told him. He nodded his head. I walked into his room and grabbed all my things. After slipping my hoodie on, I gave Zack a small wave and left.

Walking home, I began to think about Zack. How long had he been a werewolf? Did his mom know about it? I thought it a little bit more. Every full moon, Zack had been suffering, transforming and doing who knew what. I felt bad for him. I shook off the thought and looked around. I was at the park. Frisbees flew across the air. It seemed as though everyone in town decided to be active and have a good time outside. I was too busy enjoying the scenery that I didn't see the guy in front of me. In a matter of seconds, it was one huge mess. I fell on the floor.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was walking and...." I blushed. Standing right in front of me was the cutest guy ever, well, other than Zack. His short, curly brown hair and his chiseled face were enough to make a girl lovestruck. He wore square glasses and looked about Zack's age. My cheeks were burning. I picked up my bag.