CHAPTER 7

The next day ended up being one of the worst days of my life. The alarm clock sang its annoying tune, so I smashed it. I dragged myself out of bed and into my personal bathroom. Looking into the mirror, my hair was all frizzy and chaotic, but I couldn't care less. I entered the shower and turned on the water. I left the soap on the floor, so when I took a step back I slipped and fell down hard. I cursed to myself and stood back up. After I was done with my shower, I walked out of the bathroom.

Once I came back, a cat rested on my bed. It stared back at me with enchanting purple eyes. Its sleek, obsidian fur shone against the sunlight.

"Shoo!" I spat. I picked up a random can from the ground and threw it at the cat. It hissed and leapt out the window. I dressed up in a white monkey tee and jeans along with my hoodie. I rushed downstairs to see a bottle of blood waiting for me on the kitchen table. I grabbed it and was about to leave when I noticed someone's presence. I turned around to face Jacob. His hands were behind his back.

"Uh... what's that?" I questioned. He only shrugged. I turned around to leave only to realize that I didn't grab my backpack.

When I turned back, two water guns were pointed at my face. I froze. The smell was absolutely unbearable; it had to be holy water.

"Jacob, my sweet brother, this is a joke, right?" I whimpered. He didn't put down the water guns.

"Nope. I wanted to start you day with a little splash." And with a smirk on his face, he pulled the trigger. Huge amounts of holy water flew from both guns and hit me in the face. The pain was excruciating. I crumpled to the floor and hollered in pain. Jacob threw the guns on the ground and danced around gleefully like an idiot.

"Ha! Gotcha! I told you I would get you back, and I did! That's what happens when you mess with the 'Almighty Jacob'," he screamed. I glared at him.

"What the heck is wrong with you?! What on earth possessed you to spray me with holy water?!" I growled. Jacob raised his eyebrows.

"Uh, revenge? I thought I explained this to you already," he answered. I sighed and took my hands away from my face. Once I did, Jacob jumped back. He carried a look of fear.

"Whoa, what happened to your face?!" he exclaimed. I furrowed my eyebrows. He dug into Mom's purse that was on the coffee table until he pulled out a hand mirror. He handed it to me. I lifted it up to I could get the best angle. When I saw it, I gasped.

The entire left side of my face was gross. The area had wrinkly, bluish-gray skin. My left eye was orange as both usually were when I had a thirst for blood. I immediately covered it up.

"Oh my god, Jacob, what did you do?!" I panicked. Jacob held his hands up in defense.

"I don't know. I just sprayed you with a little bit of holy water-"

"A little bit?! This is terrible! How am I supposed to cover this up?!" I hollered. I threw the mirror at the wall. It broke into many pieces. Jacob sighed.

"I'm sorry, really. But you have to go to school now, so you'll just have to deal with it," Grumbling, I grabbed my backpack and left.

When I arrived at school, Sandra waited for me on the front steps. She wore a pink and green dress sweater and black leggings. I sighed. I really didn't want Sandra to see my burned face. I walked up to her.

"Hey... Sandra...." I said. Sandra smiled and stood up from the front steps. She was about to reply when she saw my worried face.

"Whoa, Gina. What's up?" she asked. I pressed my hand closer to my face. If anyone saw it, they would freak out. I shook my head.