Chapter 21

When you have lost hope, you have lost everything. And when you think all is lost, when all is dire and bleak, there is always hope.

"Mac." Jo said standing in the doorway of his office. Mac looked up from the paperwork meeting her gaze. "When was the last time you got some decent sleep?"

"I'll sleep when she's back." he said, rubbing his eyes before refocusing back on the paperwork in front of him.

"You are working on fumes Mac, you can only go so far before it runs out."

"I have to find her Jo! It's been a week and we still can't find her!" he said as Jo let out a sing, the ringing of Mac's phone cutting the tension. Mac grabs it before answering swiftly.

"Taylor." he said, answering the phone and leaning back in his chair.

"Any news?" Gil asks as Mac closes his eyes. It was hard on him to admit he still hadn't found her to Gil who left her safety in his hands and he couldn't even keep her safe.

"We are at a dead end, Gil. I don't know what to do anymore!"

"There must be something you missed, Mac." he said as Jo took a seat across from Mac.

"The security cameras lost them and the ones in the airport were of no use. Adam tracked them up north but lost them again." he said as Gil let out a sign.

"Wait for her necklace." Gil said, letting out a curse. "Why didn't I think of it sooner."

"What about her necklace?"

"The heart pendant necklace she wears was a gift. I gave it to her when she lost her parents but I hid a tracker in it in case of an emergency. I never told her about it and I completely forgot about it until I saw her damn picture on my desk." he said as Mac stood up making his way to Adam with Jo on his heels.

"You mean her necklace has a tracker we can track?" he asked as Jo looked towards him with a bit of hope.

"If the signal is strong, yes."

"Adam." Mac called as Adam turned around in his chair, his eyes also red and a cup of coffee resting on the desk.

"Boss?"

"Athena's necklace, it has a tracker in it." he said as Adam's eyes went wide before he started working on the computer, Mac putting Girl on speaker while Adam worked. It didn't take long before a GPS location popped up on the screen.

"We got her." Adam said as the three of them let out a sign of relief.

"Adam, call Flack, have him meet me there with backup."

"On it boss." Adam called out as Jo and Mac headed for the elevator, bumping into Lindsay, Danny and Sheldon on the way.

"We found her." was all Jo said.

↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣↣

The ticking noise continued as Athena tried to zone it out but it somehow got louder. Finally she let out a scream, waking up and already tied to the table. Victor looked towards her confused before walking towards her so he was standing behind her head, looking down at her.

"Something the matter, little one."

"Make that damn ticking noise stop, already!" she almost passed out as he frowned looking around the room.

"Is it true, you lost your mind already? That's not a good sign; it means you are close to breaking and we still have so much to do."

"Just be done with it already! You're playing cat and mouse with him and he's not playing your sick twisted mind games."