Chapter 7

Never mistake law for justice. Justice is an ideal, and law is a tool.

The only thing separating Athena from the guy that tried to kill her more than once is the one-way glass. She could see him, but he couldn't see her, he was sitting in the chair, handcuffs around his wrist as he stared at the window. Athena had her arms wrapped around her as she looked towards Lindsay.

"He can't see me, right?" she asked as Lindsay smiled slightly before shaking her head.

"No, he can't see you." she said as Athena looked back towards him. Those soulless eyes felt like they were seeing straight through the mirror and boring into her soul. She felt a chill run down her spine as Lindsay placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"You don't have to do this. You could wait in the hallway."

"No. I have to do this. It's the only way I will have peace." she mumbled as Lindsay nodded her head. The door opened on the other side of the glass as Mac and Flack walked it. Mac taking a seat across from Mike and Flack leaning against the wall behind Mac. Mac had a yellow folder with him as he opened it before placing four photos in front of Mike, who still had a blank expression.

"Do you know who these women are?" Mac asked but there was no answer. "Julia Williams, Fiona Roberts, Amelia Henry and Kiara Danvers, all four of them murder by you."

"Might as well come clean, Mike. We have enough evidence to point you to all these murders including the attempted murder on Athena Riverdale." Flack said as Mike finally looked towards them, moving his gaze from Flack to Mac and then back to the photos.

"You know what's fascinating?"

"No but I'm sure you are going to enlighten us." Flack continues as Mike flashes him a smile and not a friendly one more like some creepy smile you get from clowns.

"These women, artists, they all like to paint the real world and you get to see it through their eyes. How they see the world and the people in it but no one sees them in the art. They are the missing pieces to their own artwork."

"So, you thought you could change that?"

"I see them come into the shop all the time, buying supplies and talking about how they are going to capture something extraordinary, but they never capture the real art. Themselves."

"Is that why you molded their hands?" Mac asked as Mike misled again, placing his hands on the table.

"I wanted them to see how they could be the most precious thing to the art world. How they could be remembered even after death." he said before looking right at the mirror. "Is she behind them?"

Athena froze not knowing what to do as she saw Mac's shoulders tense a little.

"Who?"

"Athena? My goddess." he spoke as if she was some kind of price to him. "My true muse to everything. She would have been a goddess to her artwork. If only she could sculpt herself as I see her. The goddess of war. Powerful." he again looked right at the mirror and Athena could swear the glass between them was no more. "You would have been a masterpiece, goddess. Why didn't you let me finish my work? Why am I so deceived by you!" he started to scream as two officers rushed into the interrogation room trying to get him under control as Mac stood up looking towards the mirror, right where Athena was standing. He then lowered his head before walking out of the room followed by Flack while the two officers dragged Mike out of the chair. Athena rushes to the door with Lindsay right behind her. She watched as the two officers dragged Mike away, Mac only standing a few feet away from her. The two of them locked eyes and for a few moments it was like everything stopped. The sounds around them were muffled and everything was moving in slow motion. Mac walked towards her nodding towards Lindsay as she nodded before walking off joining Flack.