Chapter 12 - Why Did I Have To Go?

Yitingzhen, China.

September 17th, 2018 - 2am

Hua Cheng looked down at his chest, feeling a slight pressure. When he did look, however, he saw Xie Lian asleep, his head resting on Hua Cheng's chest. Smiling at the sight, Hua Cheng brought his hand forward, gently caressing the older boy's cheek. As he slowly sat up, a sudden pain flashed through him, causing him to fall onto his back once more. Fu Yao suddenly rushed over, placed a hand on his shoulder and carefully kept him on his back.

"Stay like that a bit longer. The pain will only get worse if you don't rest." Nodding, Hua Cheng began to stroke Xie Lian's hair, Nan Feng walking over.

"We won't tell anyone about this, don't worry. Plus, if we see anyone from our group, we'll be able to hide you, so just go to sleep for now."

"When will you two sleep then?" Both boys froze, not used to getting any sympathy from Hua Cheng. Nan Feng responded.

"I'll be able to stay awake for the night if Fu Yao gets tired."

"Alright then... Thank you, both of you." Then, Hua Cheng closed his eyes, his hands pulling Xie Lian closer as he fell asleep.

Yitingzhen, China.

September 17th, 2018 - 8am

Xie Lian was first to wake up this time, a small groan escaping as he stretched and blocked out any surviving sunlight blinding him. A strong exhale escaped as he rested his head, not wanting to get up. Then, Hua Cheng woke up, looking down and seeing Xie Lian still there. Then, just to surprise him, Hua Cheng gently stroked Xie Lian's hair again, whispering in a soft tone.

"Comfy, Gege?"

Almost immediately, Xie Lian shot up, moving away from Hua Cheng.

"San Lang!? I-I'm sorry! I didn't think I'd end up resting on you or anything and... AGHHH I'M SORRY!!!" Xie Lian covered his face with his hands, burning up. At the sight of Xie Lian being so embarrassed, Hua Cheng couldn't help but smile a bit. Xie Lian stood up, Hua Cheng soon after yet almost falling forwards. Luckily, Xie Lian was able to catch him, pulling Hua Cheng's arm over his shoulders to help him balance. After seeing this, Fu Yao and Nan Feng rushed over, Fu Yao speaking.

"You two alright!?" Hua Cheng nodded.

"Yeah, we're fine." Then, Nan Feng realised something.

"Wait, why is Xie Lian wearing your necklace?" Xie Lian froze, going completely red, Hua Cheng looking away. Once more, Nan Feng spoke up.

"Listen, if you two are together, that's completely fine-" Hua Cheng was quick to reply, almost shouting out his words.

"It's nothing like that!" Xie Lian, completely forgetting everyone around him, spoke.

"Wait... Why did you kiss me earlier then?" Everyone went silent, Xie Lian taking a moment to realise what just happened.

"Ah! I-I mean-!"

"What the hell do you mean you kissed!?" Nan Feng was first to reply, both him and Fu Yao continuing to bombard them with questions. As they continued, Xie Lian turned to Hua Cheng, giving an awkward hand wave.

"Sorry for bringing that up..." Hua Cheng looked at him for a moment before smiling.

"Don't worry about it, I should apologise for kissing you out of the blue." Xie Lian gulped, looking away as his face went red.

"No, it's... fine." Hua Cheng stared at Xie Lian before rubbing the back of his neck.

"You aren't hurt at all, right? Make sure you're careful." Hua Cheng gently held onto Xie Lian's arm, keeping his eyes on him. Xie Lian didn't look at him when he spoke.