Chapter 5 - Getting up to Leave

Xie Lian stared at Hua Cheng in silence, almost begging he misheard him.

"Sorry... One more time?"

"I'm asking you to leave, Gege." The room remained silent as everyone watched, shocked at this sudden decision.

"Um... San Lang... why did you decide this?" Hua Cheng tightened his fists, turning away from Xie Lian, unable to face him.

"Our training... it's not getting anywhere. Besides, you'd just drag us back if we went to war again. Sorry, but we can't have that..." Hua Cheng tried to gulp down the lump stuck in his throat, feeling it only get bigger, struggling to breathe in.

"Please leave, Xie Lian." As Hua Cheng looked back at Xie Lian, he quickly froze.

Xie Lian raised his arm, wiping the tears which were falling down his cheeks. Yet, they just kept falling. Hua Cheng took a small step forwards, raising his arm to wipe Xie Lian's tears away but Xie Lian flinched away, his elbow hitting his hand away. This must've been the first time anyone in the gang saw Xie Lian not smiling.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry I'm so useless... I didn't mean to interrupt anything important... I should just stick to learning the basics like how to cook or clean... I'll get going now." Xie Lian, without looking back, began to run, not slowing down as he heard Fu Yao and Nan Feng call out for him.

As Xie Lian went out of sight, Hua Cheng only tightened his fists more, trying to hold back his own tears.

"All of you have the right to remain silent! Whoever decided to spread those stupid, idiotic rumours better reveal themself soon! All of you, finish your dinner and then go to bed, don't try anything stupid!" As everyone nodded, knowing Hua Cheng only lost his temper from sadness, Hua Cheng walked away. As he walked, he passed a window, looking out. He saw Xie Lian walking away, slowly bringing his hand up and placing it on the glass.

I didn't mean it... You wouldn't drag us down! I messed up! What I wanted to say... I wanted to tell you to not listen to such rumours... So why? Why did I mess up so much!? Why did I make you cry!? I'm sorry, Gege... I didn't mean it, so turn around! Run this way! Come back, please! Please... come back...

Hua Cheng looked up, seeing Xie Lian continue to walk away. He noticed, however, Xie Lian turning his head to face the building. They were too far to see one another's face but Xie Lian could quickly tell who it was watching him. Wiping his eyes, Xie Lian gave one last wave before turning around, continuing to walk away. Watching, Hua Cheng felt his legs weaken, falling onto his knees as soon as he took one step, holding his head in his hands as only a few tears fell, his mind hurting him more.

Don't wave... I know I'm useless... I know I'm an idiot... But, please... Just come here! Come back! I'm worthless without you so please... Please, realise that!

(517 words)