War Council

(I want to apologize a lot for not continuing this story for so long. I know that many of you waited endlessly for a new chapter. The reason I stopped writing was mainly because of school. After that I just didn't come back to writing again, but now I will try to finish this story for you guys.)

(PS: I have read and very much appreciate your comments!)

It was early morning in the village hidden in the leaves, but the entire village was already buzzing with activity. The reason for this was very simple, the hokage had called everyone to the hokage tower for an announcement. Everyone was of course already thinking up reasons as to why he may have did this.

A few seconds after everyone arrived at the hokage tower, everyone suddenly quieted down. The reason was the arrival of the fourth hokage on top of the hokage tower. Then everyone broke out in cheers for their leader. It was easy to see how popular Minato was. After a good minute of clapping, he raised his hand in a calm down motion, once again making the crowd fall silent. Then he spoke.

„People of Konoha! First of all I am happy to see you all in such good spirits and I thank you for arriving so quickly, even though you were called so suddenly. Sadly I have not so good news to bring you." Minato paused and sighed a bit.

„As some of you may have heard, there was a meeting of the five kages a few days ago. The reason for that meeting was for the villages to discuss the threat of the Akatsuki, a criminal organization made up of S-rank missing nin." Minato once again paused, because of shouts of fear from the crowd. He once again raised his hand to quiet them.

„Thankfully most of those nins have already been defeated and only three of them remain." (He doesn't know Zetsu and Konan left the Akatsuki).

This spread a feeling of relief through the villagers of Konoha. But Minato wasn't finished.

„Sadly the goal of Akatsuki is nearly complete. This being the capture of the jinchūriki and their tailed beast. Their intention with these bijuu was revealed to us at the kage meeting. They wish to seal the nine beasts into an ancient statue for them to combine and become their original form, the Ten tails." Another uproar of fear in the crowd.

„The last remaining bijuu we have are the 8 and the 9 tails. At the meeting, the leader of Akatsuki, Madara Uchiha, appeared and revealed his intentions of starting a war with all five nations." A round of gasps was heard.

„That sadly isn't the worst thing. As worrisome as this is, I want you all to know what we are up against. What we are facing is an army of 100.000, we don't know what that army is made up of. The most dangerous enemies are the leader of the Akatsuki, Madara Uchiha and my own son, who I have made the mistake to neglect and treat like no parent should their child, Naruto Uchiha."

The entire crowd exloded in an uproar, shouts of fear and curses at Naruto were thrown around.

„That Demon!"

„It isn't the fourth's fault that his son is a demon!"

„Traitor!"

Minato winced at the insults against his son. He had already realized that it was a grave mistake to leave Naruto alone in the village, but he was also disappointed that the village had treated him as an evil being meant to be destroyed. He silenced the crowd again and spoke one last time.

„I understand that all of you have concerns and fears about the upcoming war, however I guarantee you that I will do everything in my power to keep the village and all of you from harm. This will not be an easy war and probably the worst of all four great wars, but the leaf will stand victorious once again as long as the will of fire continues to burn in all of us!" Minato shouted.