𝟐𝟖

It had been months since the reunion.

The restoration project of the palace was well underway. Os Alta was also largely under construction, but the palace was the main concern. Especially since the amount of shattered windows and torn tapestries nearly gave the king a heart attack.

Dionne and her sister were, naturally, allowed to stay with them. They were the heroes of the hour, after all. More Dionne than Lua, but Dio insisted on her sister being able to live with them, and who could deny someone who had saved an entire nation?

Of course, Dionne and Dominik were attached at the hip. They never went anywhere without the other. 

────────────

A child raised her hand. "Your Majesty? What happened to them after that?"

"Well, they got married and lived happily ever after," the woman that sat before them closed the picture book in her hands. "What else could there be?"

The children nodded. Then, someone scooped the queen up from behind. She laughed. "Dominik! Put me down! I'm doing very serious things."

Dominik buried his nose in the crook of her neck in a futile attempt to hide his smile. "You never let me kiss you in public anymore."

"Because, Dominik," Dionne reminded him patiently, though, notably, she was not arguing when he kissed her on the cheek. "We rule an entire country now. We can't just be kissing all the time."

"And you say I'm boring for being the responsible one," Dominik scoffed, setting her down, but not removing his arms from around her waist. "Moral of the story is–"

"What would be the moral? Don't kill hot boys?"

"Obviously." Dominik snickered.

"Don't kill hot boys, kids," Dionne finished. The kids all shuffled to their feet and scrambled out, but the king and queen lingered.

"One last kiss?"

"Fine. One last kiss."

Their lips met, and the rest is history.