CHAPTER XLVI: ERROR

MEME SECTION
Y/N in The Rhythm of Your Heart every single time Wilbur shows up
By: Fae

Punz and Dream are standing in front of you, the moon lighting up their faces as you feel immediate annoyance enter your body. Maybe you'd react differently in any other situation, but after your first near-death experience you're really not into another one. "You don't even know what you're asking me to confess," you answer, trying not to say the words on the beat of the music playing inside of your head. Jared's eyes widen as he realizes what you're doing, seemingly taking the situation a lot more serious than you do.

"Y/N!" he whispers with a little shout, as Punz's dagger goes a bit more into your skin, drawing more blood. The tensions causes your head to grow slightly light-headed, and your heart skips a beat.

"I'm not kidding around, you know," Punz hisses, and Dream looks away, hesitating.

"Punz, go easy with the knife. They can't speak when you cut their vocal chords."

"Meaning they can't mess around anymore either, not?" Punz smirks at his comment, and although you swallow nervously, you should more so curse your terrible decision-making skills.

"You have nothing, I don't have to tell you anything at all," you continue, putting up your hands in the process as you look Punz up and down. "Unless..." In hopes, you are waiting for Jared to continue. For him to get the joke and finish it. However, unlike you, he's not willing to risk your life. "Come on, Jared, help me out here," you tell him, unaware of the smirk on Punz's face that grows just as constantly as Dream's regret.

"What do you want to know?" Jared then asks them, taking a step forward, in an attempt to protect you. "Ask the questions and I'll answer them, but let Y/N live."

"Are they not immortal?" Punz chuckles, the dark sound that leaves his throat sending shivers down your spine. As your heart starts beating faster and faster, your ears ringing and your muscles aching, your breath too feels warmer and more in a hurry. "You know, I've heard the stories, but I don't think I've ever seen them dying myself. I'm curious what it looks like."

Instinctively, you take a step back from him, but he doesn't budge, nor react in any other way. The amusement and sick sadistic pleasure simply increases, as he takes a step towards you. Dream calls Punz's name silently, as though he's trying to warn his fellow werewolf, but it doesn't help. More ringing. It's so goddamn loud. And as the exhausted Jared can't do anything but watch, Dream preparing to throw himself at his friend, Punz raises his weapon and you're ready to attempt and at least dodge it from hitting anything too critical.

You squeeze your eyes closed, freezing in your place. A faint shot can be heard, as though somewhere far further away a war is being fought out, and soon enough, just a small scratch on your cheek can be felt. You're waiting for more, but when nothing comes, you bring up your hand to your cheek, looking at the blood on your fingers. Punz is already at more of a distance, looking amusedly at you, before glancing over at Dream. "I told you I wouldn't actually kill them, didn't I? I don't need their corpse, I just like seeing some of the fear." He glances over at you again, but you're too focused on the beating of your heart and the liquid that's slowly dropping on the grass.

For a few seconds, you're gone. Your mind leaves your body, the empty shell remaining on the ground, as a familiar-feeling event repeats itself over and over again in your mind. The same loud sounds, the sudden bright lights, the strong scent of iron. It's just a bit of your blood. There's nothing to panic about. Just breathe in, breathe out.

"What's going on here?" a sudden voice interrupts, an unfamiliar figure to most but known to you appears behind Punz, towering over him. Their face shows the bones underneath their skin, their top hat painting a shadow onto the ground, their smile as uneasy as any other. You can't help but swallow the knot in your throat as the grinning creature holds their eyes on your bleeding wound. Punz' eyes widen upon the sight of the Grim Reaper, as Dream doesn't seem to realize just yet who it is he's looking at. Jared knows, though, and so do you.