CHAPTER XX: Seven of Wands

Hey hey!
Just wanted to say that I've published a third yan!DSMP fanfic (yes, I'm writing three of these at the same time), so make sure to check it out! : D

________________________________________________________________________________

"Five things! Five things, five things, five things. Five things!"

"Five things that you would do if you were god."

You and Jared are sitting on a bench in the playground of the town, just like you used to when you were younger, except back then you did so on the swings. The sun is slowly falling, a full moon about to climb up the curtain of darkness and stars, while you and Jared are enjoying your free day today. Yesterday, you spent the whole day studying the books from the library and sleeping. Also working, of course, but that was to be expected.

"Fuck a mother."

"One!"

Some people came to the convenience store while you and Jared had your shift there, under whom Punz and Dream, again, although you really felt like Dream was forced to come with – and you noticed that Dream was extremely nervous, for a reason which you didn't understand. Foolish also visited, telling you about what Drista told him on XD's behalf, and asked you if and when you had the time to do some exercises so you'd have more control over this energy, or at least your emotions. Considering that the convenience store was completely empty, you told him about the reading you've been doing, with no real progress, but Foolish insisted that that wasn't going to be enough.

"Do a dance."

"Two!"

Quackity also came to the store, looking for an argument again, which you hadn't been able to give him for long thanks to Bad coming in, who seemed to be very strict about this, despite the fact that the fallen angel only seemed to find it entertaining, similar to how it gave you many more opportunities to make jokes about his mother. Bad, meanwhile, stayed longer than you expected him to, or felt comfortable with. A good example of this is how he constantly came close, staring at you a little, before returning to the subject of the original conversation, which most of the time was his weird, creepy and most likely haunted doll, Skeppy, insisting that you and him would 'hang out sometime'.

"Pretend to be Satan and terrorize people."

"Three!"

Niki also decided to check out your job, taking Fundy with her, being surprisingly sweet to you while she tried to stall leaving. This threw everybody off present at all, including Fundy, who just stood by awkwardly, glancing over at you from time to time before looking away. Meanwhile, Niki was just reminiscing old times which she held close to her heart. Jared constantly tried to get her to go home again and you assumed that he felt uncomfortable by this, but he seemingly failed constantly. And whenever Niki brought up certain memories, Fundy tried to add himself into the conversation while you quite literally tried to pull yourself out of it. In any case, both of them were again and again asking for your attention, if felt like, and you at some point believed you were dealing with some toddlers.

"Cry."

"Four!"

Thankfully, Sally saved you from that exhaustion, probably having gone to look for Niki and Fundy after she realized she had nobody else to talk to at that moment. As soon as she found the two of them, she teased Niki, saying that the elf must have had a crush on you, and ruffled her son's fur, which didn't seem to excite him as much as it did the previous time. Immediately, she also got all the attention from you, the woman just being a fucking beauty to begin with and making you feel as if you were an actual wanted human being with choices and rights. Eventually, Fundy ended up getting pissed at her for a reason you didn't understand, which led in both the elf and the shapeshifting vampire to leave you again, with the siren quickly following to solve the problem.