CHAPTER XXIII: The Magician Reversed

Know that updates will from now on be less frequent because school has started again for me!

_______________________________________________________________________________

 Run.

As soon as Jared speaks that one word, you do as he says and turn around to run. You know that it's quite meaningless: after all, it's very likely that a literal werewolf can run faster than you, but at this moment, there's nothing else to do. So, while you try not to bump into a tree every three seconds, Jared and you flee from the wolf, who after this howls to the almost invisible moon, as if they're praying to their god that they'll be able to catch their prey.

"Do you have any idea how to fight a werewolf, Y/N?" Jared screams at you, only to receive your confused and panicked eyes. He's really expecting you to be the expert here? Sure, he might not be wrong, but you still feel like he's putting some unnecessary pressure on you.

"Nothing that I have with me!" you shout back, looking over your shoulder to already catch the eyes of the lurking monster. It's not trying to outrun you. It's trying to exhaust you. It's trying to get you to stop fleeing, so it can more easily sink its teeth into your skin. "I have a couple of forks, made out of silver, but those were actually meant for Wilbur. I can't get close to this thing without getting teared to shreds, though!" And while you think, you can't come up with any other solution.

There's only one: forcing him to transform back.

But for that, you need to know who it is and you, having only been here for one week and a half, have no idea who this could be.

"Jared! Do you have any idea what the name of this werewolf could be?!" you scream to him, but he doesn't understand what you're asking.

"Huh?!"

At this point, you're running even deeper into the woods, embracing the darkness without even realizing this, but it doesn't take much time for you and Jared to find an old abandoned village, where there are a couple of houses. Knowing that you can't run for much longer, you hide inside one of these and try to remain as silent as possible. Being lucky with a shotgun hanging on the wall, you grab it quickly to see if there are any bullets you can use. Only problem is that you've never used a gun before, so in a few seconds you'll just have to learn how to.

Besides, you don't like guns. The way you hold it in your hands, it makes you feel light-headed, if not ill. Anxious and weak, despite the power it would give a soldier. You're not that lucky, though.

Jared notices your unease, already hearing the howling of the wolf entering the village. It's very dark: too dark for you to see. So, he grabs the gun and opens a closet with nothing inside anymore. The closet is just big enough for you to fit in there, so without even giving you the chance to give your own opinion on the situation, he shoves you in there and hides behind the couch with the gun ready. Through the crack of the doors, you can see him sitting there, before the sound of wood breaking startles you.

It's entered.

Through the crack, you try to look at the entrance, but despite the fact that it's closer to there than the couch is, you can't see shit. You hold your breath, hoping that the werewolf believes they're a fool for looking around here, but judging by the sound of their smelling, you're pretty much fucked.

Who the fuck is this? What is their name? Does Jared know? If so, why isn't he doing anything?

The wolf enters carefully. You can feel your blood pump through your ears while your heart starts beating so fast that it hurts. Your hands are completely still, despite the adrenaline filling your entire body, and your skin is covered in goosebumps. You want to cry so badly, but you know you can't. Not now. Not when it's here.