Chapter 17

So far, Hwa-Young and Woo-Jin had gone 2 weeks without hearing any tonking sounds or seeing any suspicious things happen in the agency's building. This itself was suspicious, because they had been at the agency for over 5 months now, and during that time they had heard hundreds of tonking sounds.

While Hwa-Young was thinking about it, Woo-Jin came to her and invited her to go to a restaurant, since it was time to eat dinner.

"Hi Hwa-Young! Do you want to go to the restaurant down the street for dinner? I'm getting hungry!" He said with a laugh.

"Oh!" She said, half spaced out. "Sure!"

After getting dressed up, Hwa-Young followed Woo-Jin, who was waiting outside of her dorm room to go get dinner.

"What restaurant are we going to?" asked Hwa-Young.

"We're going to the second location of the tteokbokki restaurant that we went to a while ago! Did you like it last time?" replied Woo-Jin.

"Yeah, I guess. I just didn't really like the waitress that was working there, remember? She looked too much like Binna, it was kinda creepy..." Hwa-Young said, instantly becoming uncomfortable.

"It should be fine now, plus it's another location so I doubt she'll be there!" said Woo-Jin with a giggle to cheer her up a bit.

After entering the restaurant, they had to wait for the waiter to come. Once they had waited for more than 15 minutes, Hwa-Young was starting to get impatient.

"You know what let's just go to another restaurant the waiter is taking forever." she told him, slightly panicked.

"Let's wait a bit longer! It's only been, what, 5 minutes?" he replied.

"No, Woo-Jin let's go, please!" said Hwa-Young, now fully panicked. She had sensed something off about this restaurant and she wouldn't change her mind about it.

Hwa-Young dragged Woo-Jin of the tteokbokki restaurant and they started speed walking to another one down the street. For some reason, Woo-Jin turned around to face the original tteokbokki restaurant and stared at the window for a few seconds.

"Let's walk faster." he said bluntly.

"Why, what's happening?" asked Hwa-Young, having a bad feeling about where this was going.

"Let's walk faster, I said!" Woo-Jin replied, yelling all of a sudden.

They started to jog to the other restaurant when they heard footsteps behind them.

"Let's go back to the dorms, Hwa-Young. I don't want anything to happen, so let's go to the restaurant another time." Woo-Jin said.

"Yeah, I don't feel so good about this, let's leave quickly." she replied.

And so they ran back to the dorms. When they arrived they heard the footsteps behind them, even in the building.

"Lock yourself in your room quickly. See you tomorrow..." said Woo-Jin, locking himself in his room also.