Chapter 8

It was the next morning. Hwa-Young woke up not knowing where she was. All of a sudden, she felt a sharp pain in her head and on her toe.

"OW! Where am I!?" she exclaimed out loud, starting to panic a bit.

"Did you get a good sleep, Ms. Moon?" said a voice that Hwa-Young didn't recognize.

"WHO ARE YOU?" screamed Hwa-Young.

"Hello Ms. Moon. I am your nurse. Somebody found you unconscious near the singing room last night and brought you to the nurse room. Don't worry, I told the coach what happened. Do you remember anything?"

"Hm, no I don't. I'll try to remember, though."

"Ok. I will go get you breakfast. Please stay here and I'll be right back."

While the nurse left the room, Hwa-Young jumped at the sound of a loud *tonk* on the wall. It wasn't coming from inside the room.

"What was that?" she exclaimed, a bit shocked.

At that moment, the nurse came back with Hwa-Young's breakfast.

"Here you go, Ms. Moon. Enjoy."

"Hm, thank you." said Hwa-Young, feeling a bit uncomfortable at that moment.

"I have to go take care of some other patients, please press this button" said the nurse, pointing to a button on the wall "if you need help."

Hwa-Young was relieved that the nurse left and that she could have some alone time after all that happened in the past few days.

"I hope this food isn't poisoned, sheesh." said Hwa-Young, carefully examining her breakfast.

And there it was again *tonk*, but, this time, followed by a small laugh.

"WHAT WAS THAT...?" said Hwa-Young repeated, this time getting very scared.

*KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*

At this point, she almost got a heart attack.

"WHO IS IT?" she screamed.

"Please don't speak to me like that, Ms. Moon. I am Mi-Cha Jeong, your vocal coach. I'm here to ask why you didn't attend singing class yesterday. Could you please explain?"

"I'm sorry, Ms. Jeong, but I thought the nurse told you that I fainted last night and that I couldn't attend class?"

"I don't believe that excuse at all, Ms. Moon. Please tell me the real reason why you didn't attend class."

And so Hwa-Young made up an excuse that was believable. She really didn't want to get the nurse involved again.

"Ok. Next time please attend class, Ms. Moon. If you want to become a Kpop idol, you have to make some sacrifices."

"I'm sorry, Ms. Jeong. See you later!"

Hwa-Young really couldn't believe that everybody she had met so far had been cold or rude, rude enough to injure her. She was starting to feel very uncomfortable at SMA, but she knew that that was the only way to reach her goals.

And then she heard a *tonk* again, but this time, even louder.