Chapter Thirty-Five

Hi guys :) The story will soon be coming to an end. I'm probably going to rewrite some parts to make the story evolve a bit more. As I said at the beginning of the story, it is unedited so that's what I'm going to be doing.

-Sophia xoxo

...°...

Jay's POV

I stare at the man who I once considered as a brother, now only perceived as a traitor in my eyes. It doesn't look as if they've tortured him in a cell, as they have to I and Hunter. In fact, he wears a white and neat polished suit that's cut to perfection and his hair is groomed and swept neatly to the side. But what angers me the most isn't his good looks, his immaculate health or his partnership or collaboration with the hunters, our most hated enemies. It's the look in his eyes. The mischievous glance that he's been wearing ever since we brought him into our home. How could I not have seen it before? Now that I look closer, the black spark in his eyes has always been there, but I've been blinded by happiness to see my sister so in love, that I've overseen it every time. And now, all I want is his blood running through my fingertips, to watch his last move with satisfaction, the expression on his face contorted in pain.

"Why?" I spit, and he steps back, looking as the saliva pools on the floor by his feet, sending me a look of disgust. "They are enemies... they kill us, we kill them." I continue, ignoring his eyes beginning to flame red.

At that, his head bends back and his laughter fills my ears like venomous poison.  I have been foolish to believe that he has ever been a friend, a brother.

"Oh, but that is where you are wrong... us vampires are blinded by the mere thought of blood and the lust for a kill, the thought of a dead hunter by our feet brings excitement through our veins." He pauses and casts a look at the hunters surrounding us. "But that is our weakness, for we don't think clearly whenever we attack. We only think about the blood, the sweet, sweet, deep red blood..."

-Why does that concern you?" I look through half-closed eyes and feel the drug being injected over and over again and taking effect on my beaten-up body. I'm even healing much slower now. It's taking every ounce of the energy that I have left to even look at the traitor.

"Power." Drake retorts, approaching me with elegant steps, watching my every move with careful evaluation. I manage a grin, and regret it immediately as blood pours from my mouth. He knows that I am stronger than him, he knows, and he is scared. He knows that the only thing that's keeping me from ripping him to pieces right here and now is the drug running through me veins. But when that's out of my system...

I choke and the two guards kick me in the sides, leaving me in an odd angle on the dark-stained tiles. Drake bends down on one knee and looks at me curiously. "Don't you see? The vampires are useless as long as they are controlled by their savage instincts. But with the results that Emma will bring us, we will be able to u-"

"Don't you dare speak her name." I snarl and he growls in frustration, taking my chin with a hand and forcing my face up to stare right into his dull eyes.

"You will listen, understand?" He snaps back and drops my face, giving me a kick before standing up again. He brushes his hands on his stainless suit as if the idea of touching me, us, his own kind, repulses him. "Anyway, she will become the hunter that she was always destined to be, as you probably already know. She will be invincible, our secret weapon. We will use her to take over all other vampire and hunter clans and bring them together. The serum injected into her veins will also be used on the vampires and we will be able to control them. Like robots, they will do exactly as we say. We are taking over the world, Jay, all because of your dear beloved whom you fought so hard to protect." He laughs and nods at the guards who take me up again and begin dragging me across the floor in the opposite direction.

"So Lily was just a pawn in your little game?" I shout at him, mustering up all of the last energy that I can manage. Drake chuckles darkly which causes something dark and threatening to twist within me.

"Making her believe in our connection wasn't so hard..." He begins, tilting his head to the side, "The hunters have many ways used to convince people of things that have never existed. It's quite fascinating."

-Go to hell." I spit, and he shakes his head and prepares to turn away from me.

I'm not done yet though. They are using Emma to destroy me, and I won't let it happen. "They killed Josephine!" I shout and everything stops: the time, the sound, everything. I watch with satisfaction as Drake turns and looks me right in the eye, with the most crazy look I've ever seen him wear. In a second, he's in front of me and I plummet to the ground, landing at the foot of a door, feeling the impact of the hit drown me in pain from my stomach.

"Don't ever speak her name!" Drake roars and I'm flung to the other side, coughing out blood and spit. The pain I feel is nothing compared to the satisfaction of his sudden outburst.

"Do you- do you really th-think that they will let you l-live?" I gag and fall to the ground again. For a moment he stops and doubt flashes through his features. It is gone as quickly as it came.

"They will. They have to!" He snarls. "They owe me! I helped them!"

-You were spying on Emma since the moment she walked through the front door or their house weren't you?" I look at him with disgust and feel my fangs elongate. But I don't have enough strength to attack, not yet.

Drake sends me the most mischievous grin he can muster and stops at the doorway, sending a look to the guard. Then, the traitor disappears through the door and I am dragged into the swallowing darkness.

...°...

Emma's POV

Torture. My back arches and blood spills from my mouth. A million holes bore into my skin and leave hollow spaces all over my body. Or so it seems. Liam looks fascinated and stands a safe distance away from my palpitating body. The serum that he injected sent me into a peaceful daze, only to add the most gruesome nightmares to my vision. I know that it is all an elusion, but it seems so real... Suddenly, it stops and I crash onto the floor, lifting my dead weight up with my elbows. I'm swiftly swung into a pair of strong, toned arms and look up into dumbfounded eyes.

"Th- th- your eyes." He puts me down and I stumble a bit before hitting the monitoring machine. A piece of shattered glass lays on the white tiles but even in the dim-lit room, the two golden eyes stand out more than ever.