Chapter Thirty-Four

A hard pulse throbs in my temple. I reach out to touch my face but my wrists are bound with something firm. I open my eyes and see sharp tingles of light filter in through my semi-open eyelids.

A dark silhouette appears in my field of vision.

The metallic bands snap open and I rub the sore swollen area around my wrists in a confused daze.

"Come over here." The masculine voice booms through the walls and hits my ears. I look around and my eyes focus on a familiar face. "Shall I repeat myself?" Liam's voice is collected, but underneath it I can distinguish the hard and threatening edge.

Unable to stop myself, my feet move across the floorboards as if they were set on a mechanic command. I can't control it. I can't control anything in my body. I'm like a robot set to obey its master. The thought disgusts me and a chill creeps up my spine.

I only stop when I am mere inches apart from Liam, and my body seems to know that as it lets him bring me into an uncomfortable embrace. He seems to be enjoying it though. A shiver runs up my spine again. But not the warm and fuzzy feeling that I get at Jay's bare touch; this is the feeling that you get when you know that something is completely wrong.

His finger brushes down my cheek affectionately and lingers on my lips. His eyes hold something dark and uninviting in their crevasses. "Cold?" He hums, and without any control, my head moves up and down in response. "Don't worry..." He continues in a promising voice. "You'll be warm again soon."

My eyes widen but no sound comes out of my mouth. It's as if every word gets stuck in my throat and it feels like I'm choking whenever I try to utter a sound. I have no power over myself. The only things that I seem to hold control over are my eyes.

He chuckles and shakes his head, never leaving his eyes from my face. "Oh no no, not like that my dear..." He stops and tilts his head, inspecting me closely. His heavy gaze on me makes me want to squirm. "Even though I'd take immense pleasure from it-"

-Sir? Are we ready?" A woman in a tight black dress steps in and she looks intently at our linked bodies. I can't help but feel extremely grateful at her intervention. Liam doesn't seem affected in the slightest though.

When she makes her presence known again by clearing her throat, he sighs in annoyance and closes his eyes, but still never loosening his grip on me.

"Bring him in." He orders sharply. The woman inclines her head shortly in reply and turns on her heels, slamming the heavy metal door behind her. "I have a surprise for you." He says simply, finally letting go of me. But I still can't move by my own accord.

He takes my hand without another word and leads me over to a table where a set of sharp-looking tools lay scattered over the surface. He hovers his fingers over them in deep wonder, wiggling them about in the air until he finally decides on a knife that looks like it could have cut through stone. I wouldn't be surprised if it could. A voice in the back of my head tells me to run. I would if I could. But my feet are sealed to the ground and my posture never loosens, as if he has complete control over my every move.

The sharp end of the knife comes closer to my face and my eyes widen in fear. "Keep calm, it will only hurt for a second." I close my eyes and breathe deeply. I won't be able to do anything but endure the pain.

Exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale, inha-

My throat tightens as it muffles the scream that finds its way to my brain instead and sends me into a torturous concert of torment. The blood spills from the wound in the far top corner of my forehead. He slides a finger across it and it comes back smeared with blood. There's so much of it. To my utter horror, he licks his finger dry, eyeing me intently. I want to gag, but I can't.

"Now to the fun part." He says, eyes wide and crazy with glee, "You'll become who you were always meant to be." He brings up a syringe filled with a dark sticky fluid and approaches my cut. "You will be mine, Emma." His eyes flicker to the eye and I know that the golden colour stares right back at him in a terrified way. "I hope you won't miss this beautiful shade too much..." He shoots me a smile that I can't help but think of as attractive, but underneath the sugar-coated charm lies the anger, his torturous ways and his murderous intentions. He sighs and the needle digs deeply into my flesh. As much as I want to scream, my face is left without any facial expression. He presses down and the liquid flows into my open wound. This time though...

I scream.

...°...

Jay's POV

My eyes fly open.

That voice, that pure angelic voice, twisted with agony and pain.

Emma.

My sight blurs into red and all I can think of is saving the only person that I would give my life for. Without her I would be nothing. I swing out my fist but a fierce hit to my stomach makes me fall again and the two guards insert a new ration of an unknown fluid into my body, weakening me once more. I can't even stand up anymore, but the torture that vibrated in her voice is enough to keep me going.

One of the guards - a man who resembles more of a bodybuilder - throws me to the ground and I crumble in a pile of dirt and blood. They take me under an arm each and begin dragging me across the spot-free white tiles, taking immense pleasure every time I cry out in pain when a new kick hits my body. Hunter's gone, as he was put into another cell when I became their lab-rat. Caleb, Lily, Chace and Alice are still at home in their safe cocoon and Drake... the mere thought of his name makes me want to rip him to pieces. How could he have betrayed us like this?

The wide doors swing open and the first thing I see is darkness. Then a shadow steps into the light and my fangs elongate at the sight of the man himself.

"Well hello dear friend." Drake laughs darkly.