Chapter Fifteen

Hi lovely people! :-)

My week's been super busy so you haven't seen an update in some time... BUT I am not gonna leave it any longer so here you go... Your very own UPDATE!

If you want to know when the updates will be posted follow me, 'cause if I haven't updated in some time I'll tell you on my NEWSFEED or whatevz that's called... :'D

So YAAAAHH! Here you go!

-Sophia xoxo

...°...

Alice's smile grows bigger and as I step closer, a single tear forms at the corner of her eye. Without hesitation, I close the space between us and pull her into a hug, feeling the warmth radiating from her. Spending so much time with these cold creatures has left me wandering what comfort and home really feels like. 

"What - what happened? How - " she pulls back and shakes her head, cutting me of with a single word. 

-Him." My eyes widen and land on Chace, who's eyes have gone darker by seconds. The anger is clear on his face and his jaw twitches, indicating the arrival of his fangs. Drake is immediately by my side protectively, sending Chase a cold glare which seems to put him off balance slightly. Alice places a hand on his arm and his eyes are slightly dazed as they return to their usual emerald green colour. 

"I'm sorry Emma." He says in a small voice that makes him seem smaller than he is, "I guess that I'm just feeling a bit possessive..." He gives me a little smile but I can't get myself to do the same. I'm too confused by his blunt words to fully capture the happy look on both of their faces.  

"What's going on?" I ask, my voice shaking slightly, "And how are you alive by the way?" I direct my question to Alice who looks uncomfortable, but she sighs and leads me over to the leathery couch. The soft material dents when we sit and she looks me right in the eye, taking in a deep breath. In a second Chase is by her side and Drake sits across from him, pure interest on his pale face. 

"That day, when they came for you..." She glances at Chase but keeps on talking, "I lost a lot of blood where the - the vampire threw me into the table." Chase's eyes darken again at the reminder of the past events but Alice intwines her fingers with his, calming him down instantly. A little shiver runs through me at the thought that even the most good of people are also very capable of being the baddest. I guess that Chase filled her in on them being vampires and everything then. 

"When Chase took you away, I was still on the floor, bleeding out, and I thought that I was completely alone. And then that man kneeled down and bit my neck and I was sure that I was going to die." I gasp as she shows me to perfect puncture wounds on the side of her neck, slightly reddened on the corners. 

"Chase found me half-dead and brought me here. I wanted to see you but apparently I wasn't allowed." Her eyes are watery and I want to hold her tightly again, to get the same feeling of homely love. I also really want to punch Hunter in the face to at least create a dent in those irresistible features for keeping my sister and I apart. I want to ask more, but a question bugs me at the back of my mind. 

"What happened to the other vampire?" I ask cautiously, watching as Chase's eyes grow darker, slightly burning red. 

"Eric disappeared." Chase fills in, venom dropping from his tone as he speaks the unfamiliar name. Even though he told me, I'm still not sure that Alice has told him the whole truth. Living with Alice my whole life has taught me her ways and expressions, and I know when she's not telling something. 

The same trance envelops me as I force my way into her head. 

...°...

Colours... lots of them. They waver and black spots appear in my vision when I try to open my eyes. I realise that I'm looking through Alice's own eyes. I feel a a sticky substance dripping from my head and as I touch it, a red stain is spread all over my hand. A sharp pain shakes through my body and I cry out, feeling the horrible sensation that my poor sister had felt while I was being torn away from her. Suddenly, a dark face appears in front of me and the man lowers his face towards me. His teeth are bared, showing of the perfect white fangs, standing out from his dark skin. He bites in and this has nothing to do with Jay's bite that I've experienced in my own body. This sends me - Alice - into a new fit of pain and blood leaves my body in large swallows, making my conscience falter second by second. He pulls away with blood - my blood - smudged around his mouth. He's about to say something but suddenly his eyes roll back and black veins form everywhere on his face. I

 try to scream when he falls, but the blood in my throat only makes it possible for me to make a weird choked croaking sound. Behind his completely dead body stands a second man, dressed in black with golden swirls decorating the material. His shirt is cut of by the shoulders and is tight, showing off his defined muscles. His dirty, blond and messy hair sculpts his face as he grins wickedly with triumph. He raises the sharp long weapon in the air and brings it down, splashing my face with black liquid. The black wood is decorated with silver patterns from the bottom to the top.

...°...

A flood of light greets me as I pull out of those strings of memories and come right back to reality. I see Alice gasping, looking at me with wide and fearful eyes as she's overcome by that familiar sensation that people get of being intruded on, of getting your deepest secrets unraveled. I ignore the bewildered expression, realising what I just saw. That man was carrying that same weapon as I saw in Hunter's memories. And I know exactly what he is. 

"Emma? Talk to us... What happened?" Chase shakes my arm a bit, driving consciousness back into my brain as it starts to function again. I gulp, "There was someone else in our house that killed the vampire." 

Drake and Chase exchange dark looks knowingly, telling me that they know exactly what I'm talking about. However, Alice has no idea what we're dealing with. "A hunter." I explain to her slowly, watching as recognition spreads on her face. So Chase must have told her about them too. I look at them all and see as the vampires' faces transform into those of anger. "They're coming." 

...°...

A/N; I'm so sorry that this chapter is shorter than the previous ones but I just kind of wanted to clear out everything. I like separating the actions into different parts so it leaves some suspense ;)

Hope you liked it! <3