SAD!

I was sitting in the iHOP with Ginger as she had wanted to go on a breakfast date. It was the day of Jahsehs' party and I hadn't heard from him since last week when I left his apartment. I didn't think much of it since I knew that he was working, taking care of his son, and probably recording music. We hadn't been communicating as much as we were before, except for when he texted me a couple of days ago to let me know I left my charger at his house. 

I had figured that I did but, I had already got a new one before I could go back over and get it back.

I opted to ask him about his party and he then told me he would let me know a time as it became closer to the actual day which was confusing since his birthday was 3 days away at the time. Though I didn't push any further, I kinda just let it go and went on about my life.

"How is he gonna invite you to his party and then not tell you when it starts?" Ginger said as she pouted in confusion and dug into her pancakes, all I could do was shrug

"I don't know...I mean I have his address now so I could really pop up whenever I want, maybe that's what he's been expecting me to do? I don't know, I don't wanna walk in on him with his baby mother, his friends, or his kid.." I said as I drank my apple juice

"Girl...he's already fuckin' up and he just got here!" I laughed as she looked annoyed. Ginger always had my back, she was definitely my soulmate in friend form

"Listen...I know the man is probably busy as hell, but, if he truly cares..why the hell is he making this "friendship" or whatever relationship this is yall have going on so confusing? It's not hard to communicate.." I nodded in agreement but I didn't want to pry.

I had just met the guy a couple of weeks ago..almost 3 weeks ago actually so I didn't want to come off as clingy or annoying. I knew I wasn't his first priority as he had others, his kid, his baby's mother, his career, and his friends and family.

I knew it'd be hard getting in touch and getting consistency out of a guy like him.

"All I'm saying is..you need to start claiming what's yours. If you want it, go for it! Stop letting these people slip through your fingers just because you're "scared". They're literally just flesh and bone..we're all gonna die someday anyway, sometimes you have to be a little annoying to get the attention you deserve and if he doesn't like it, leave his ass where he's at." I nodded with a small smile as I dug around my plate.

Ginger was always able to talk some sense into me. I grabbed my phone and clicked on his name and called him. Ginger looked up as I let the phone go from my ear and placed it on speaker. It took 2 rings until it picked up and I heard a raspy female voice and the shower running in the back.

"Hello?" the voice said, me and Ginger froze with widened eyes and face full of confusion. She then waved her hands back and forth signaling for me to keep talking. I shook my head no as I was about to hang up but she snatched my phone out of my hand and began talking.

"Hi! Yes, is Jahseh possibly around? I'm one of his regular clients and he told me to call him around this time yesterday to make an appointment for a touch-up.." Ginger said while looking at me

"Oh! Umm sure! Actually, he's in the shower right now so I'll let him know and have him call you right ba-" Ginger then cut her off to speak up again

"Oh! No need! Just have him text me, tell him it's Vanity.." I looked at her as I was about to snatch the phone back since I didn't want anyone, especially any of his female endeavors, to know my name. All she did was silently laugh as the girl on the other line said okay and they both hung up with a "bye"